Why am I such a slug?? arugh.
I make a commitment to blog on a more regular basis, then life rears up and smacks me in the face and says "hah, thats what YOU think".
I know I need to make a more serious effort to blog and journal. I try, I really do. Then as I start to type my mind goes blank and the things i thought I would blog about suddenly seem mundane and silly and un-worthwhile.
Not that I should be writing this for the entertainment of my readers, but I am kind of like Maximus "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED????"
So whats going on in my life.
1. I graduated from Beauty School in December. It was the hardest year of my life just about. I never thought it would be so difficult to get through. The drama and politics and more drama. ugh. I am so done with that whole thing. I took my written test and passed and then took my state boards up in Raleigh and passed. I am now officially licensed and working in a salon. I love it. I love going to work. I love what I do. I do, however, feel a sense of remorse at not being able to be at home as much with my kids. But I am doing what is best for our family and at least it is a job that I truly enjoy and feel at home with.
2. I went to the EISS hair show in charlotte past weekend. I was able to see some of the greatest in the industry work their magic. I went to a keratin smoothing seminar and was able to get certified.
I attended a Scruples presentation by David Steiner. I went to a Keune color Corrective presentation by the FANTASTIC Roy Peters. I then had the once in a lifetime opportunity to see Masaki Inoue work his magic with his flying shears!!! It was truly inspiring. Those platform artists are rock stars. I know what to work towards. I want to be a hair rock star too.
3. It is just about time to get the garden started. This year I am doing (once again) various tomatoes, jalapenos, green beans, basil and probably zucchini. But time to get out and start composting and mixing and turning the soil and adding the nutrients etc. The weather here has been soo kooky it is driving me nuts. I get the urge to go out and get started and then it gets cold and rainy. The good weekends we have had for it I have been working. So I am going to work at leaving early on wednesday or thursday and working on the garden. It is time to get moving!!
4. Got a new Car. Well it isnt NEW. But it is new to me. It is a 1998 Jetta GLX. Cute 4 door silver 5 speed with black leather interior and CD player, moonroof, XM radio (not set up).
I love it.
5. I am growing my hair back out. After almost a year of having it shorter and sassy, I am letting it grow out to appease my husband. He will probably want me walking around in my push up bra with long hair...oh and he wants it red again. garter belts and high heels too ??
6. NCAA mens basketball tournament...not going so well. It is only to the sweet 16 and I have THREE TEAMS in. Thats all. Three teams total out of 16. I was so cocky after the first round. Then I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. My final 4 were Kansas, Syracuse, New mexico and Villanova. I had Kansas taking the entire thing. Now my only teams remaining are Syracuse, Ohio State and Duke...I had Ohio State and Duke ending in the final 8. I wasnt even close this year. Oh well, there is always next year.
So thats kind of my life right now.
OH YEAH: Starting in APRIL we will be doing color and highlighting specials: includes deep conditioning and haircut. starting at 65 dollars. so call or email me today for your appointment.