Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 12: Salt Lake City

Day 10 was a family day in Monticello. Day 11 was driving back up to Salt Lake. We went through Price Canyon and a huge storm, It was hailing so hard the grass was white. We were going to stop at the Clevbeland Lloyd Dinosaur quarry, but they said if it is raining, it is too hard to get there on thoe muddy back roads.  After our adventure in Lake Powell I decided another tow truck was NOT on the agenda.
 We went to Orem and stayed with Charles oldest brother and his family. That night we Played some fun games I have never heard of.

  Day 12, our final full day out west, we took the boys up to Salt Lake City and to Temple square.

We started at The temple and went to the tabernacle and to the visitors center.  We saw a movie in the center about the Plan of Salvation and how the family is a huge cornerstone.  At the end I was bawling like a baby. I was really touched and couldnt help but think of my own family and those I have lost. I am sure those poor sister missionaries didnt know what to do with me. I was a MESS.  We went over to the Joseph Smith Memorial building and ate lunch at the nauvoo cafe. It was delicious.  We headed over to the conference center and did a mini tour.
waterfall on the conference center



original organ in the old tabernacle

Old tabernacle.  We were there for a mini acoustics demonstration.


doorknob on the temple doors.


Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.

"His love now surrounds you"






The Angel Moroni on the top of the temple

Gorgeous reflection of the temple in the reflecting pool fountain


Holiness to the Lord

Me and my boys in front of the LDS Salt Lake temple

Statue of Joseph Smith

Lobby of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building

Joseph Smith memorial building lobby chandelier

"This is the Place"- Brigham Young

Handcart Pioneer statue.  Fitting, as my husbands ancestors crossed the plains with the Willie and Martin Handcart Company.


the original Assembly Hall

COnference Center.

We had an AMAZING 2 weeks out west. I certainly hope my kids appreciate the splendor and majesty of this beautiful country in which they have been blessed to live.  I certainly hope they felt the gentle stirrings of the Spirit whisper to them, giving them a testimony of the love of Jesus Christ.
I hope they appreciate all the time, money, effort and planning that went into this trip, the wonderful experiences and memories they have made.

I am grateful that I was able to give my children this opportunity. I am so blessed to live in a beautiful country, to be able to teach my children the love of Christ, the importance of family and and show them that this life is a time for them to prepare to meet God. I hope they will one day know the love I have of my country, my family and the love I have for my savior, Jesus Christ. I hope they were as touched by the spirit as I was , while in the calm beauty of the temple.


No comments:

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...