Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Super Moon September 2014

"The term “super moon” describes a moon that is closer to Earth than usual.
Because of how close the supermoon is, it can appear as much as 14 percent larger in the sky and 30 percent brighter to our eyes than normal moons, according to NASA."  ...The Epoch Times (theepochtimes.com)

So this morning I was up early and realized the clouds had dissipated, the sky was clearer and I had perfect viewing of this beautiful moon. It was so bright and round and full and big.
(NOW, Technically this was not the ultra-PEAK time of the supermoon , but it seemed pretty darn amazing to me.)
This is the last Super Moon of 2014, so  I grabbed my trusty canon sx50 and headed out.
I did all these photos with my regular camera.(canon powershot sx50)  No extra lenses or anything special. This was just the  power shot and up to 200x zoom. i used the manual mode and did all the settings myself. I used 1/400 to 1/800 (depending on the shot) and between F 5.0 and F 8.0  depending on what it was looking like.  I wanted to really capture the brightness, so I let the lens add in more light, but didn't want the shutter speed to be wrong and make it look further away.  i have found that by just playing around you will find what works best for you.  Don't be scared to take pictures and mess up. Then you can go back, delete and tweak as needed.  i have found my photography has improved 100 fold since I started just experimenting.
I used to be an "auto only" girl, but have since realized manual is really much better to get exactly what you want.
about 50x - 75x zoom

normal right before high zoom kicks in.

love the craters and impact sites


zoomed about 100x and sharpened to see the details a little better.

love this photo. I didn't have to do much to it, other than crop.

zoomed 200x

zoomed about 150x

zoomed about 150x or 175x

did this shot on AUTO settings instead of  my manual settings. you can see a difference in the color and the crispness.

zoomed about 150 or 175x.



No comments:

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...