Sunday, September 7, 2014

WEENIE ROAST 2014- Fitz and the tantrums, Foster the People, and WEEZER

Last night hubs and I went to the WEENIE ROAST 2014! It is a concert put on by Budweiser and 106.5FM  There were 14 bands this year.

We didn't get there until after 5pm so most of the bands had performed already. I was mainly there for Fitz and the Tantrums, Foster the People, Fuel and WEEZER.
When we got there J Roddy Walston and the Business was playing. They were pretty good, I had never heard of them, but enjoyed their sound.
According to the schedule ,Fuel was SUPPOSED to come on stage at 6:35. They didn't.  I don't know if they got moved to an earlier slot, or if they cancelled, or what. But i didn't get to see them. 
 Bummer.

Us when we got there.  It was like 1000000 degrees outside and everyone was in the lawn or tailgating until the big names came on.

For Fitz and Foster the People,  our seats were left center-ish almost to the back of the overhang. Good seats,  BUT, after Foster the people, someone we knew was leaving and gave us their seats CENTER right behind the VIP  eat and seat. so we had primo seats for Weezer!

FITZ AND THE TANTRUMS.  
I will say that I have enjoyed their music pre-concert, but didn't know a lot of it. I am a new-found admirer and fan. I will DEFINITELY be listening to more of them.  They came out and KILLED it. Seriously. It was so hot and humid and they just absolutely went to town.  they got everyone on their feet and such awesome audience interaction. i REALLY liked them a lot.  i told hubbs that I absolutely wouldn't mind seeing them again.  And I have a new crush. The lead singer is ...wowie wow wow. something about him is SEXY.  Maybe it is the rock star sweat .



This lady right here is AMAZING. She nailed it. seriously.



FOSTER THE PEOPLE
I am going to be honest, I like Foster the People, but I wouldn't see them again(just on their own). I feel like the music was good, but they had no audience chemistry. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did Fitz and the Tantrums.  The set was great, the music was great, but I just cant put my finger on it, they didn't peak my interest as much. And I am sad to say that because I do enjoy their music. I just felt like it was hard for them to come out after FATT, who had an amazing set and got the audience completely ready , and it was hard for them to hold that momentum, then to be followed by Weezer. It was a tough spot.






WEEZER
What can I say about this amazing band?  The lead singer did his own sound check and tuning (wearing a welding helmet as a disguise??) Then as they were waiting to come out on stage they were playing Frisbee. 

 They came out swinging with My Name is Jonas and just kept hitting with their best songs, their hits, a new one coming out etc. It was amazing. One regret: i wish they had played The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived. But other than that no complaints. I loved everything.
 And because of our better seats(Thanks Browns!) we were right near the cameras who were recording so we had primo lighting for photographs etc. i am REALLY proud of some of these. (Like, Weezer needs to call me and use some of them as promotional pictures).  These were all taken with my Canon sx50 point and shoot. 




I LOVE this photo. No photoshop,no filter. This is perfection.











I liked all the "flair". 






this was sound check. It is the lead singer wearing a welding helmet, doing his own tuning and sound check.



This was a great concert. I have listened to  Weezer for 20 years, so i am glad i finally got to see them play live.

No comments:

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...