Thursday, February 20, 2014

New furniture. And its all mine.

In 17 years I have never owned a piece of furniture that was mine. Never.
When we first got married We had two floral couches that had at one time belonged to my parents. At the time they were about 10 years old.  A little careworn, but all in all pretty decent. We kept them for several years.
in 2000, after the passing of my sweet grandmother Bea, I inherited her couch and wingback chair with ottoman. This behemoth is colonial grey/blue and rust plaid tweed  and was at the time about 25 years old.It has seen 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 children, and many other visitors. This couch has GOT to be about 40 years old. It has seen its day.
The couch downstairs is my parents old leather couch, which is at least 20 years old...and after 2 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats etc you can imagine how good of shape it is NOT in.

My dresser in my bedroom is over 25 years old. Charles dresser is the same. They both came from my house from when I was growing up.The cedar chest at the end of the bed was my moms, a gift to her for her high school graduation (so it is 50 years old)... The kitchen  table was my grandparents. (But it is an ethan allen and will last forever). The Dresser in Preteen sons room was my dads. This dresser has to be almost 50 years old. It is HUGE and weighs a zillion pounds. Even his bookshelf was a goodwill find.


The only original furniture in this house is a bed that belongs to my teenage son (how fair does that sound?) and the bunkbed set that belongs to my preteen son.  dresser in teen sons room is original (it was his when he was baby, so he has outgrown it and needs new one).

I have decided that for the first time in my adult life I was going to be a real grown up and buy myself real furniture.  No hand me downs. No Goodwill finds.  MINE. ALL.MINE.

So As we were wandering around the store I saw this:
kind of looks like the chair from revenge

I fell in LOVE with this chair.  Absolute love.  I knew I would be walking out with the chair, no matter what so I had to find a couch that matched.  Usually people find a couch then match the chair.  Not me. I found the chair and needed to match the couch to it.  i Love this chair.
 So I found this: The couch is a darker color, to match the script pattern. The flash on the lower pictures made it look a little lighter, but it is a darker browner green.

I am just so in love with my front room now I want to spend all my time in there. 
I still need to repaint walls and switch out pictures and frames etc , but this is the general setup/gist of the room.
my storage table. Need to get some new knick knacks and figure out how to display



complete with our giant sized panther cat. This cat is 9 months old and is almost 16 pounds now.


No comments:

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...