Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rationalization always wins...

I was thinking about my diet and how badly I wanted to go to Brusters and get a sundae, or a shake...or SOMETHING.
I thought "well if I just get a scoop it will be fine".
then I thought "And maybe if I have them add a litle hot fudge".
My little fantasy kept going until I had a full blown Brownie sundae...but no cherry because I hate them.

I thought back to the time I was the general manager of Maggie Moos Ice cream.
Maggie Moos is SUPER PREMIUM ice cream. It is like 4000% butterfat and chock full of 3 days worth of calories...and thats just the sweet cream flavor. Never mind Maggies Fudge or Caramel which is made with like 2 pounds of Hot Fudge and/or Caramel topping.

We had these two very overweight ladies come into the store one night.  Apparently they were starting Weight Watchers the next morning and were going out with a Bang.
 They both got a Large Sundae with the Caramel Ice Cream. In that Ice Cream I mixed Wet Walnuts and Pecans. Then on top I added Hot fudge, Hot Caramel, Homemade whipped cream and  extra wet walnuts.  
I asked the ladies :Would you like a cherry on that??"
The one woman turns to her friend and says "Dont get the cherry. Thats where all the calories are.  Thats how these sundaes get ya." 

and no, she wasnt joking.

Needless to say i didnt get any ice cream. yay me.



4 comments:

Spencer and AnnaMarie said...

Good for you! I went to Brewster's last night, got the brownie sundae, and still feel like I'm going to vomit.

Laura McBride said...

Congrats for you!!! I've started to find that the less sugar I eat, the less I crave it. Some things just don't even taste good anymore. Save those precious points for the things that do! :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

Well, obviously that's my problem...I always get the cherry! :)

Double D said...

Hahaha...wow, the cherry? Really? And here I thought it was all the stuff you put IN the ice cream plus the ice cream itself, not what goes on top. I love how some peoples minds work!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...