Sunday, May 8, 2011

For my mom! Happy Mothers Day!

In honor of Mothers Day I am posting one of my favorite pictures of me and my mom.
This was taken around 1979 or 1980. 
I really love it because I look at it and I can see my kids in my face, I can see me in my moms face and I feel the whole circle is complete.
When everyone tells me the kids look just like Charles, I can pull out these pictures and see that they are a little bit me, too. I wasnt just an oven.
Even though my mom went to college full time, she still made time for us. She still kept the house clean, the laundry done, the lunches packed, the dinners cooked and everything else on top of it.
This picture to me sums up her love for me and my brothers. She would always take the time to let us know how much she loved us and appreciated us.
After college she worked as a nurse full time. She has the best time management of anyone I know.  She always seemed to have it together.  I always feel I am floundering and wonder how on earth she was able to get everything done!  I have a new and great respect for her as a mom and working mother and wife.


fast forward 30+ years...

I love my mom, she is still a beautiful lady. (and whoever does her hair does a FANTASTIC job...)
Would you believe she is 65??
Happy Mothers Day to my mom.

4 comments:

The Path Traveled said...

Your Mother is beautiful! Happy Mothers day to both of you.

Cary McNeal said...

I never had pants like that and it makes me sad. The things I could've done with them.

Your mom does NOT look 65. Not even close. Rock on, lady.

Miss Cortni said...

Hey!!!! Your blog seems just about as random as mine so I followed!! Follow me?!?? missshesaid.blogspot.com

Miss Cortni said...

Hey!!!! Your blog seems just about as random as mine so I followed!! Follow me?!?? missshesaid.blogspot.com

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...