Friday, August 28, 2020

OVERWHELMED

 hi friends,

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Just so grouchy and mad and upset and frustrated.  I didn't sleep well (hubby had a bad night, so he was tossing and turning and snoring), the bed we are currently sleeping in is too small, too lumpy and just plain uncomfortable.  It is not the kind of bed I use and so everything hurts because it has zero support.  I am on my cycle and it has been a beast this month and I am pissed off about it. Basically the perfect storm to push me over the edge for the first time in a long time.

 We move into our new place tomorrow and guess who is going to be at work ALL WEEKEND??  Yep, Hubby. 12 hour shift today, tomorrow and Sunday.  (@%*!)..

 So guess who gets to be there for the furniture delivery, the mattress delivery and the PODS delivery all by herself?  ME!!  Guess who gets to be the one to unload everything and set everything up?  ME!  Guess who gets to go grocery shopping and stock pantry all by herself? ME!    Guess who has to pack up the belongings in the current house and make sure they get over to the new house? ME.   Guess who gets to be the one to wrangle the cats and put them in the car? ME!  Guess who gets to make 3 or 4 trips back and forth to get everything in the back of her car that we have brought with us because hubby will be at work with his car. ME!  Guess who gets to get alllll the laundry done ahead of time because our new washer and dryer wont get delivered until Tuesday? ME!

so needless to say I am overwhelmed. I am angry that I am left holding the bag and all the responsibilities are falling on my shoulders. I am irritated with my spouse who would not ask to get off a few hours early to help with things.   He is new to the job and doesnt want to rock the boat.  I understand that, but at the same time it's moving day and we have A LOT to do.

I am trying to find healthy ways to deal with my anger  and feelings, but really all I want to do is go and eat a giant slice of chocolate cake !  


so how can I get through this?

1. make a list of everything that will need to be done before tomorrow.

2. schedule a time-frame to get everything done.

3. take one step at a time.

4. eat cake.

5. cross off items as they get completed.

6. see #4

7. deep breaths and meditate for a minute

8. ask for help

9. see #4

10. stick to the schedule.

11. take my supplements and let it do its job,

12. go into Oregon and find an edible (haha. but seriously tho, would it be considered medical?)


Ok, enough gibber jabber, I have got to get to work! 





No comments:

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...