Friday, September 11, 2020

September 11- I will never forget

 I posted this on my facebook page this morning, and just wanted to share it on my blog as well. This is my personal experience and feelings and opinion, and I ask that any comments be respectful in nature.



Sept 11, 2001 was one of those seemingly regular days. Who would have thought that only 2 hours after waking up our world would be turned upside down, changed forever.?
I will always remember where I was. I will always remember watching the coverage in disbelief that something like this could happen. I will always remember sobbing as I watched the towers fall on live TV, a horrible devastating scene and realizing the loss of life that had just occurred before my very eyes. I will always remember crying for those people who had to make a decision of jumping or burning to death. I will always remember crying for those people making their last phone call to their loved ones on the airplane before trying to stop the terrorists, only to lose their lives. I will always cry for the husbands that lost their wives, wives that lost their husbands, children that lost a parent, their world coming to a screeching halt and the hands of depraved madmen.
On the other side, I will always remember the way the country came together in the following days, loving each other and helping each other. Raising money, sending help, working together, loving their neighbor no matter what. 9/11 showed us the absolute worst of humanity and also the absolute best. I will never forget.


No comments:

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...