Wednesday, June 17, 2009

AHHHHH My ROMAS!!!!!

Last night we had some bad storms blow through here.
Tornadoes to the south and west and lots of heavy rain and wind.

This morning I woke up and peeked out my kitchen window to the garden.
I notice sometihng between the two back plots. I call charles over to investigate.

ME: Charles, what is that? Is that a tomato bush on the ground or is that a branch from a tree?
CHK: Where?
ME: Out there in the garden
CHK: Where?
ME: OUT THERE!! IN THE GARDEN.
CHK: well I cant see anything i am sorry. I dont know how you expect me to see anything around your big head.
ME: Back there, between the long tomato plot and the plot closest to the house/
CHK: Oh, I dont know. i THINK I see what you are talking about.

He then plops on the couch to watch the series finale of Pushing Daisies that was on DVR(Curse you ABC for cancelling the show and trying to wrap things up with a final episode. Ridiculous.)

So I head out to the garden to find one of my roma plants playing on the ground. The cage had fallen over and our plants could not support themselves.
So I had to pick it up and realized why it had fallen. My tomato plants are KILLING it this year. I have more tomatoes than I will know what to do with! The romas were so heavy and abundant, no wonder it fell over.

so i am off to Lowes to get some tall bamboo stakes to make sure our plants have plenty of room to grow and have some support so we dont have another mishap.
I need to do it this morning because we are expecting heavy storms and rain again today.

3 comments:

jewelstreet said...

Send some of that Roma luck my way. My Romas last year were a pitiful sight. I'm hoping they do better this year.

Kristina said...

I'll be lucky to get one tomato this year. Crops are not doing well.

I agree about pushing daisies. so disappointing!

Double D said...

Sigh, you already have tomatoes? I'm happy just to have flowers, with the freakish weather we've been getting out here! God forbid they get uprooted and float away with all the rain we've been getting lately!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...