Thursday, June 25, 2009

What should I do with this red leather jacket and silver glove??


RIP Michael Jackson.
He was 50 years old.
I remember back in 1982 when Thriller was released. I WORE OUT the tape I listened to it so many times.
My neighbor Jerron had a grandmother who was a whiz with a needle and thread. She made him a red leather jacket and a glittery glove, just like Michael. We used to pop the tape into a boom box and he would practice his MJ moves on the front porch. he got pretty good. My moonwalk, however, looked as though I were wiping my feet on a doormat.
granted over the years he has gotten strange, wierd, eccentric...whatever you want to call it, however he was still amazing. He still had loyal fans. His music was still being played all over the world. He was and will always be a legend.
I am really kind of shocked and saddened.
My Favorite MJ Song: Man in the Mirror
My Favorite MJ video: Thriller
Jackson Memory: We did a Jr Jazzercise routine to Bad.
So the above album is how I will always choose to remember the great King of Pop.
RIP Michael, you will be missed.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Isn't it awful?! I was 8 when the Thriller tape came out and my brother and I would do the dance moves too! LOL My brother had the white glove and parachute pants, Michael Jackson was the shit back then huh? Wow. Early end of an era. And it was a good one too.

Rosebud Collection said...

I know you think I got lost in the Maine woods..have been very sloppy visiting everyone..
Very sad about Michael Jackson..I think what is even more sad..no one really helped him. Tragic.
Hope all is going well with your school..

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...