Saturday, June 27, 2009

Green Beans Galore

THIS WAS A POST I WROTE SEVERAL DAYS AGO AND FOR SOME REASON IT DIDNT POST: So HERE WE GO AGAIN.


This morning I went out to check on my garden. It had been a few days since I last checked the grrn beans. As of Wednesday they were smaller, not nearly sweet enough, not ready.
Well when I went out this morning to weed and water etc, I was STUNNED at the progress.

I actually had to harvest over a pound of Kentucky Wonder green beans! They are long, fat, tender and sweet, just the perfect green bean. I still have HUNDREDS of beans on the vines, which will be ready in a week or so. I am just shocked at how quickly they grew.
It was as if I were Jack and they were the magic beanstalk. Too bad there isnt a golden goose to go with it.

On a COMPLETELY UNRELATED SIDE NOTE: I have a ghost in my house.

Peter has a transformer toy that makes the tsch tech tsch transforming sound. But the switch is in an off position. This toy started going off by itself. I went to check it and it stopped. Then I come to sit back down and it started back up again. So I yelled out to my ghost" Please stop playing with it, that noise is irritating me"...and it stopped. Goosebumps yet?


My kids arent even home. Ironically, they are at the movies seeing Transformers 2. Apparently our ghost is irritated he wasnt invited to come along.


SPOOOOOOKKKKYYYYY!!!

1 comment:

Holli said...

I seem to have the same ghost kinda thing going on in my house too..... I had a talk with mine also and I think we're in agreement now that sitting next to me on the bed is NOT COOL.

:)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...