Thursday, July 9, 2009

My New Toy

I have wanted a Cricut Cutter for quite some time.
Every time I walk into Michaels or A.C. Moore, I pass by the scrapbooking section, salivating over the personal cutter...then reeling back in horror at the tremendous pricetag.
I scour ads for coupons, only to realize in disappointment that they cannot be used on Cricut or Cricut products. blast.
Then last week, around the 4th of July, I walked into Michales with a sole purpose. To buy some Ribbon. what started out as a harmless 20$ adventure(MAX) turned into something 10 times as much.
As the glass doors of the craft retailer parted, there it was. Stacked in a beautiful pyramid, a light bathing it in a halo of wonder. A sign announced that the Cricut was on sale. And not just any sale 50% OFF!!! AND it came with a full font and basic shapes cartridge. PLUS all their other cartridges were 50% off!! Having just received a comission check AND a paycheck I felt obligated to stimulate the economy a little bit. And, as I told my husband, It was 50% off!! It was only 99 dollars!! Thats Less than 100!! I can do Christmas Cards!! I can scrapbook!! I can make cards!! Think of how much money we will save!! (trust me, I sold the heck out of this one)
All he said was " Thats fine, but thats your birthday present" (which is in 2 weeks, just an FYI)
Here is my New Cricut personal cutter:

I spent all day figuring out all the buttons and doo dads and rules and instructions. So after playing around, here are some cards I ended up with. I really love the cherry blossom cards(obviously. I made like 10 of them)






By the way...I completely walked out of Michaels without any ribbon.

1 comment:

becky s said...

Hahaha! I just went to Michaels today to get some watercolors. But I also walked out with some scrapbooking paper. It was on clearance and I'd been watching it. Down to $4.97 today & I just HAD to get it. :)

I love the black one - I think that's my favorite.

A question - do you use sticky paper or something? How do you adhere the designs? Looks like some of them would be hard to put glue on. I'm totally new to this.

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...