Monday, August 17, 2009

9 days? wow.

it has been too long, my friend.
I find myself lapsing in my attempt to blog.

So what has gone on since my last entry 9 days ago:

1. I lost my wallet. Well when I say LOST I mean, misplaced and forgot to grab it on my way out the door when I left school. On Friday afternoon after lunch I went to the dispensary, so karen could go to lunch. I brought my wallet with me, instead of leaving it on my station, unattended. In the dispensary I put it up on a shelf out of the way and went about the important task of painting my nails, while dispensing various sundries like foils, processing caps, relaxer, base etc. When Karen came back from lunch I went back to my station, sans wallet. I had completely forgotten about it. When it was time to leave I packed up and headed out the door. i went home, took a little snooze and when i woke up I decided to go to the gas station to fill up the van. As I pulled in and reached for my wallet, i realized it wasnt in the usual place. I went back home, looked EVERYWHERE for it. I could not find it. I retraced my steps 5 times. I went through every inch of my bag from school. It was nowhere. I was SICK about it. That night I couldnt sleep. In my dreams I kept dreaming about a shelf. When I woke up I went to the school and as soon as I walked through the door my dreams came back to me and I knew exactly where to look. On the top shelf in the dispensary with the booster seats for the child clients.

2. Peter had a Biopsy and heart catheterization on Tuesday. I drove with him up to UNC and he did so well. He has put on a few pounds. Put on an inch or so in height. His blood pressure was good. He took his "sleepy" medicine without a fight. He let them put the EMLA cream on his neck and on his thigh where the needles would be going in. He was SO GOOD about it. Of course 30 minutes later when the Verset had kicked in he was trying to talk to me and I couldnt understand a word he was saying. He sounded like an old drunk french man. I THINK he said something like "Can you pause my television show" but it came out "Dah paw teszhun so"
So I do what I do when I cant understand any of my clients in the salon, I smile, nod and say "uh huh"
We got the results on Friday. They were clean and he looks great. No change in meds, and they are really happy with how well he is doing. YAY!

3. My kids are in Michigan with my parents. They went up on Thursday to go visit my grandma and aunts and uncles. Then charles parents went up to virginia Beach and so THEY are gone right now as well. We have had the house to ourselves for the entire weekend. so we did what any could with a house to themselves would do: we slept in, we caught up on all the old shows gunking up our DVR, we went out for breakfast. It has been nice, but I am ready for my boys to come home. They will be back tomorrow.

4. I leave in less than a month for the cruise. I am just so excited. I am really looking forward to it. I would be more excited if I didnt feel like such a fat a** sometimes. sorry PMS talking. nothing fit yesterday and I just about threw poor charles out the sliding glass door when he asked "whats wrong with that last outfit you had on?" HELLO? Camel Toe.

5. I got an e-mail from a woman from LOPA (Louisiana Organ Procurement). They were wondering if we might be able to come to a conference in December. our donor family may be there as well. So who knows, I may get to go to Louisiana this December. It will be good to see them again, too. We havent seen each other in 3 years and I know they are itching to see Peter again. I am really hoping it works out.

6. The Vacation Nazi is itching for a project. As many of you know I am working REALLY hard to save 250 a month from paychecks/tips etc. that way every 2 years our family can take a nice trip together. I mean a NICE trip. Europe. South America. etc. I want to give my kids the appreciation of travel. The love of trying new things. The thrill of seeing something they could never in a million years see here in the USA. Or even going to various amazing places here in the USA. I need a project. So if you were thinking about going on a trip and need help planning it, let me know. I am going nuts.

7.I gave my dog a bath yesterday. It was amazing the amount of dirt and gunk that came off of him. I had no idea he was so dirty. But he is all squeaky clean, a new tube of K9 Advantix has been applied and his ears were cleaned out. He is good to go. Now I can take him to the vet on Friday for his kennel cough vaccination without embarassment.

8. No school on friday, which works perfectly for me! The boys have a meet and greet at their school friday to meet their new teachers and find their classrooms etc. so I will be able to take them. i am looking forward to that.

9. School starts back on the 25th!! I cant wait! cantwaitcantwaitcantwait.


thats about all in my life. need to work harder at keeping up on my blogging. gr.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

School starts for us tomm and a few moms and I are going out for breakfast to celebrate. Wish you could come:)

Holli said...

You sincerely crack me up Sarah. I loved reading about all your exploits and future exploits. Glad all is well in your world. You've got some exciting things in store dont'cha? :)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...