Wednesday, August 19, 2009

toast

Why is burnt toast so disappointing?
I had a few slices of french bread left that I wanted to use up before it went bad. I put them in the toaster, got out the butter, cinnamon and sugar and awaited eagerly my breakfast.
I love toast. There is just something so heartwarming about it. Sitting on your plate, staring up at you, the butter all melted and sliding into the cracks, the cinnamon and sugar kind of combining to make the perfect culinary experience.

I awaited the toastmaster and ran over when the familiar "pop" let me know my breakfast was ready.
I walk over, and blech. The top half of my toast was charred. The bottom half was perfect. So I cut off what I could and ate what was left. But it was diasppointing. I kept feeling like I could taste the burnt toast on my non-burnt portion.

So yes, I am disappointed. Burnt toast can also make you grouchy.
Just call me Oscar.

1 comment:

Spencer and AnnaMarie said...

Ship it here. My mother's favorite food is burnt toast.

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...