Wednesday, October 16, 2013

GUESS WHAT I WON???


So the other day the local radio station here was doing their "winning week".
On Tuesday my co-worker Joey came in announcing he would be winning Cher tickets on the radio that week.  We needed to be the 9th caller during a certain song that was announced.

So, we were all in the dispensary, listening for "Dreaming" by The Cranberries.
As soon as it came on I said "Joey, this is it!".  
He pulls out his cell phone and dials.  I get on the work phone(Sorry HCM) and call in.  He hangs up and says "I was number 3".
I hang up after being told I was number 4.

Joey redials.
I redial.
He says "Crap, it's busy".
I say "Im ringing!"

All of the sudden I hear "_____the link..."

Me:  Am I the 9th caller ?
Radio Station: yes you are!
Me: Are you serious?
Radio Station: Yep!
Me: I just won the Cher tickets?
Radio Station: Yes you did!  Now I just need information from you.

So i gave my name and age and address etc.

All the while my co workers are all gathered around saying things like "shut up! Youre lying" 
or
"She's joking. She's talking to a busy signal"
or "No! Sarah just won the tickets. SHUT UP!!!"

I was told the show wasnt until May and that I would be contacted sometime next year before the concert to pick up my tickets.
After hanging up we all screamed and jumped and screamed some more.

Our manager came back and said "Hey guys, whats going on?"

"I JUST WON CHER TICKETS OFF THE RADIO!!!"

I got another "What? Shut up!! Thats awesome!"


So yay me. I will be taking Joey(That was the deal. If he won, they were his. If I won, he and I would go together. My hubby has no interest in her concert)
.  I have several clients who are currently trying to plan a freak accidental death for him in order to secure that ticket for themselves.
Be afraid Joey...be very afraid.

I WON CHER CONCERT TICKETS!!!!!
I WON! I WON! I WON!!

I never win anything...BUT I WON!


No comments:

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...