Monday, February 23, 2009

Screw You Sean Penn,( ya jerk.)

Yes, Sean Penn won an oscar last night.
Congratulations. Now be quiet.



Here is the problem I see with him.
He gets on his high horse and starts spouting off politics and acts like a complete know it all jerkface, making me really despise him.

I understand he is passionate. I understand he is liberal.

What I dont understand is how he thinks he can force the world to accept something that is against their religion. I dont appreciate his lecture in front of millions of viewers. Granted I am not protesting with signs or picketing anything, but it was still directed at everyone who believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Here is the thing. I have no problem with homosexuality. Every person has free agency to choose to do with their life what they will. I know people who are gay. I have had, and still have, gay friends. However I have a religious belief that marriage is between a man and a woman. I believe in the Bible and that it is the Word of God.
My friends know this and respect me for it. I show them respect and they return it. They understand and it is not an issue or a big deal. They understand my position on Gay Marriage. We have no beef or issues about it.


But, back to Sean Penn.
His opening quip was kind of funny: ""You commie, homo-loving sons of guns".
However, when some guy who used to be Jeff Spiccoli is now an expert in Iraq, brings his own photographer to take pictures of him helping "rescue" Katrina victims in his little canoe starts telling me my kids will be ashamed of me because I dont believe in Gay marriage...well thats where I MUST draw the line.
(although he did make mention to the fact that he has on many occasions made it hard to like him. True, True)


My Children will not be ashamed. I am a grown woman. If they choose to have a different political view when they get older I would respect them as well. If they choose to vote to change policy, then so be it. But until then I can be true to who I am and true to my beliefs. I dont see any shame in that, and hopefully i will raise my children in such a way that they can think for themselves and make the right decisions based on their beliefs, not based on what some guy who used to be married to Madonna tells them to do.

Just because Hollywood makes gobs of money for doing practically nothing, well screw them. Just because they think they rule the world because they had some uppity nobody from a movie studio vote for them, screw them. And when they start lecturing me for my beliefs, telling people that whoever doesnt support a certain someone or something should be ashamed...triple screw them.
I dont have to go see your movies. I dont have to spend money at the theater.



When I was 13, I bought a Madonna CD, Like a Prayer. My parents were furious and took it away. I couldnt understand why. There were no bad words, there were no bad songs. So why were their panties in a bunch? Because they did not like HER. They did not like what she stood for, they did not like her stunts, and her promiscuous behavior. They did not want to financialy support something that they did not believe in spiritually.
Of course, being 13, I thought they were totally old fashioned and stupid and were just being ridiculous.
However I can see their point now.



So a fair warning.
If you start telling me how I MUST vote and how I MUST act and how I MUST believe, then so help me I will go totally Christian Bale on you. Just because you are a celebrity, that does not give you the right to tell people what to do. No one comes to see your movies to hear you spout off about your political and moral beliefs. Celebrities just need to STFU and do what they do best. Act. No one gives a crap what you actually think.(at least I dont). I go to the movies to get lost. I go to the movies to see a good story. I do not go to the movies to get berated about my religious views on Gay Marriage, or the evilness that was George Bush or the war on Gun Control Issues or Right to Choose/Right to Life. I go to the movies to get away from all of that.

I watch the Oscars for the outfits and for Hugh Jackman. I really dont give a crap one way or the other how you vote, who you vote for or what you believe. So just accept your award, say thank you to who you need to say thank you to and SIT DOWN.



And as a personal note to Trey Parker and Matt Stone...If you guys make another Team America World Police, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE skewer Sean Penn mercilessly.



Thank you for listening.

3 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Amen, sister!

Anonymous said...

I know. Shut up, Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Natalie Maines and every other self-absorbed conceited a-hole celebrity intent on forcing their views upon us lowly commoners.

Linda Jo said...

Amen!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...