Tuesday, January 29, 2008

LIFETOUCH STRIKES AGAIN

One of my favorite blogs to read is http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/
A week or so ago he had a blog about the worst Olan Mills pictures out there.
I laughed so hard I was crying. This guy has a wicked sense of humor, and his captions were just so hilarious. Here is the link:http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/2007/09/great-olan-mills-photos.html

Well he has since advertised for more bad pictures. Apparently he has been approached by a publisher to create a whole book of these bad pictures with captions and has asked for submissions from the public. Now I think I may have a pretty good shot at getting into the book with any one of the followiong 3 photos.


This was 1982. I loved this shirt. It was shot through with threads of gold and the ruffles down the front really made my day. I had the typical early 80's haircut. I was growing out my Dorothy Hamill and had sprouted wings on the sides of my head.

I was not yet self conscious of my teeth, which were bucked AND gapped. My BFF Lindsey dubbed them "scissor teeth".

Apparently my school in central Ohio is in the middle of the mountains in this photo.







I am in 2nd grade in this photo. My mother took me to Shotteinsteins to get my outfit. This STUNNING striped turtleneck and matching green pants. My teacher, for some unknown reason, decided to comb all of my hair forward, giving my shag a helmet look. Still not quite conscious of how bad my teeth were...or how hideous this turtleneck actually was.


4th Grade. 1985, by this time I had become more aware of my teeth and tried not to smile with my mouth open. I had a haircut that I now refer to as a "shaglet"
It was a shag/mullet mix. I was trying really hard to NOT smile(see my dimple chin?). The photographer was trying to make me laugh and making my eyes water. All around it is a stellar example.



Now I realize I will get made fun of. I accept that. I can make fun of myself...then go eat a pan of brownies and drown my sorrows in chocolate.
Seriously though, I am going to submit one of these and hope for the best. Wouldnt that be awesome to be in a book? As I said in my very first blog 2008 is the year I go for my dreams. If I dont try I will never know. Just imagine, my bad pictures could be preserved forever and ever! My kids and grandkids and great grandkids could have that book and show their friends "Hey want to see how ugly my grandma was when she was little?"
ahhh, The glory of fame.

4 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

ha! pretty sure I had that same ruffled shirt!

jewelstreet said...

I had the same haircut, and I'm pretty sure I had a pic that looked almost just like that.

Go for it! I'm sure you won't regret it no matter what happens.

Kellybot said...

Oh, my those are awesome! I like the top one best. Any lady of a certain age has one of those photos in her past. I'm gonna dig out my 1980's glamor shot pix.

tatsuko said...

I had that shirt too! Only more embarassing since I was in high school in the 80's! Did you try my brownie recipe yet? ☺

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...