Monday, September 22, 2008

My personal writing style

After taking a mini-break from blogger last week, I realized how much I actually LOVE blogging.
I missed it. I really missed it.
It is my little morning ritual after I get the kids ready for school and pack lunches and get them dressed and out the door. I just sit back with my cup of hot cocoa (even in 100 degree weather) and write to my little hearts content when they are gone. So Hello my old friend, I have missed you.

Looking back at my previous posts I noticed a trend in my blog writing. Notably 3 things:

1. I REALLY like caps to emphasize certain words. REALLY.
2. I use A LOT of parentheses (like this)
3. I like to use dot dot dot.... to trail off and leave the reader in suspense, or to stretch out my train of thought...or just because.

I dont know when it started, I guess I have always written like that. I went back through some emails that I have written to friends, some old school papers etc. and realize that I use ALL of the above PLUS an additional few quirks.

-I like the word etc.(can't you tell)
-I like to use exclamation points...for EVERYTHING!! (I guess I want people to know I am really enthusiastic about the things I say. A period is just so...so...Blah. An exclamation point is welcoming and lets people know you are excited about what you are saying!! See the difference?)
-I REALLY like the use of the colon : Dont know why, I really do.
-The more question marks i put the more confused i am. does that make sense?(see, slightly questioning...) Had I used 2 or 3 question marks you would know the severity of my pondering.


I also am not excessively diligent about spell check. (or as I like to call it, brain workign faster than fingers can type...) See, I misspelled working!

so that is my writing style. I was always told you should write the way you would talk.

What is YOUR writing style??

8 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

I was going to stop blogging a few times..but feel a bond with everyone..almost like family..so I keep at it..My spelling gets away from me and usually I realize it after reading my post..

High Desert Diva said...

I use many of the same...

Unknown said...

My favs are dot dot dot and exclamation points!! < see LOL

Unknown said...

yep, mine are pretty similar to yours. :D

Unknown said...

yep, mine are pretty similar to yours. :D

picciolo said...

I've just been reading your post about Jillian, I can't imagine what you have both been through, I think you are very strong and brave. Ten years is a big milestone, I hope you are both as ok as you can be
xxx

Jennifer Juniper said...

My writing style is the same...big surprise!

Arty Allsorts said...

Yep - I'm a big user of ! and smileys too!! LOL, not so much colons but I tend to use 'quotes' to try to emphasise a word rather than caps - just hadn't thought of using caps I guess! LOL

I also can't do short answers - there's always so much I want to say - and guess what - I talk a lot too :) so I guess I do write like I talk - lots!!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...