Thursday, September 4, 2008

Scouting and Lip Balm


Dont forget my Lip Balm sale is still going on.
3 balms for $6, Free shipping in the USA.

Get all the details and find your perfect flavor HERE.


So Peter started Boy Scouts on Tuesday evening.
Sigh. Growing up so fast.

I went all the way uptown to the ONE AND ONLY scouts store here in Charlotte (there is another one in Gastonia, which takes FOREVER to get there. But thats another rant for another day).

We bought the shirt, the wolf-kerchief and slide, the handbook, the patches etc. $63 later and no patch magic, I realized I actually had to SEW the patches on. GRRRRRR.
Did you know there are SPECIFIC DIRECTIONS on where to place the patches in EXACT locations?? Did they actually want me to pull my measuring tape out?? Would they REALLY know if that emblem crest was not 3/8 inches above the left pocket??
So for 2 hours Tuesday afternoon I frantically sewed the patches onto his shirt, hoping they were straight and even and that no one could tell the thread didnt match.
All in all it turned out nice, and my fingers are only slightly tender, still.


He looked absolutely adorable in his outfit and he got lots of compliments. No one mentioned the patches, so I assume they were correct.


He had a great time and can't wait to go back!!









7 comments:

picciolo said...

how cute! I'm glad he had a good time.
: )

Rosebud Collection said...

I love the pictures..I tell you, pictures of children always make my day..I laughed when I saw the name
Gastonia, taught 3rd grade for very short time there as a Mercy nun..was only in for a year..didn't like teaching..so God gave me five of my own to take care of...ha, ha..Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

Debra said...

So cute!!

My daughter use to be in girl scouts...it was so fun.

Unknown said...

He's so adorable!

Double D said...

Awww, too cute! That's great he had a great time! And you have problems with patches? Um, crafty queen? Looks awesome!

Hey Harriet said...

He looks like such a cutie in his uniform! Yay for boy scouts! :)

Schofields said...

AH! He looks SO CUTE in his little scout uniform! Hard to believe he's getting so old!!

You go Satatchka!

Diane :)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...