Friday, September 26, 2008

I DEFINITELY spawned a hairwrecker

Finn decided to cut his hair again.
We have been reading "Junie B Jones is a Beauty Shop Guy". I dont know if that is where he got the idea, or if he really liked the feeling of a shaved head after his first foray into the world of cosmetology.

The other day he was outside playing with the hose. He CLAIMS he was rinsing off his scooter.
(And I am Marilyn Monroe).
So he came inside a while later and I noticed a spot on the top of his head that his hair looked kind of funny. It kind of looked like there were a few spots that had been wet, so maybe those spots were matted down or something. An hour later I noticed it again.

ME: Finn, Come over here.

FINN: What? What is it mom?

ME: Just come here, I need to see something

FINN: Peter did it.

ME: What did Peter do?

FINN: (quietly) Cut my hair.

PETER: LIAR! I didnt do it. You faker!

FINN: Yes you did Peter.

PETER: NO! No i didn't. You're Lying.

ME: Peter did you cut his hair?

PETER: No.

ME: Finn, did Peter cut your hair?

FINN: (silence)

ME: Peter did you HELP finn cut his hair?

PETER: no.

ME: Peter did you know finn was cutting his hair?

PETER: Yes. I watched him do it.

ME: Why didnt you tell him to stop.

PETER: Well he never listens to me anyway.

ME: Finn, did you ask Peter to cut your hair?

FINN: Uh-huh.

ME: Did he help you?

FINN: He watched.

ME: DO i need to put you on my blog again so people can make fun of you?

So now Finn has two strips of his head that are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long that have no hair.
This time I am NOT messing with it. If he is going to be a Beauty Shop Guy, then he is going to have to live with the consequences.
I REALLY thought that after the first incident of hair cuttery that it would be the end of it.

But like I said 3 months ago, once a hairwrecker, always a hairwrecker.

Do they let hairwreckers into Cosmetology school??

PS: I have decided to go full time. That way I dont have to give up anything, and will be done in a year.

11 comments:

Spencer and AnnaMarie said...

LOL...love your final response to Finn....Do i need to put you on my blog again so people can make fun of you....You are too funny!
Yay, going to school full time. Me too. I can't wait. Good luck to ya!!

Anonymous said...

PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!

(Man, that kid cracks me up. Maybe it was his extended exposure to me as a baby for that week that made that hairwrecker gene crack open and start to grow.)

picciolo said...

hehehe, at least he didn't manage his whole head! Good luck with the full time too
: )

Hey Harriet said...

Oh I wanna see silly pics of his silly hair! Drats!

At least your children are a constant source of amusement. Perhaps a little annoying to you at times but certainly never boring :D

Double D said...

Haha...you HAVE to send pics of his work. And good for you to go full time, just don't burn yourself out!

I'll be sending you student care packages :)

AdornmentsbyMilani.com said...

That reminds me of the time in elementary school when I shaved a quarter size spot in the back of my head. I have no idea why but all I remember is that it seemed like it took a long long time to grow back.

High Desert Diva said...

Photo please!




Full time, huh? Sounds brutal...

Jennifer Juniper said...

Yeah, that book caused some problems in my house, too. It would be funny for you to walk into haircutting 101 with him clinging to you! :)

tatsuko said...

Your boys are so funny! They'll have a wonderful record of their antics when they get older :)

How cool is that that you're going to cosmetology school? Great!

kiddlebug said...

Oh Junie B. When will you learn? Why don't children learn from your mistakes?

gina said...

lol. We are on Boo and I mean- my third is LOVING that collection. Three out of four of mine have cut their own hair - my second 's was so bad I had to give her a "pixie" cut- think Mrs. Beckham's before Mrs. Beckham was cool- when she was three. Living with the consequences is a good idea though. ;)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...