Tuesday, September 9, 2008

zumba



If I am able to walk tomorrow and if my thighs and butt decide to speak to me again I am totally doing the tuesday morning zumba class every week.

What is zumba??

According to Wikipedia "Inspired by Latin dance and music, Zumba uses a variety of styles in its routines, including cumbia, merengue, salsa, reggaeton, hip-hop, pop, mambo, rumba, flamenco, and calypso and Salsaton. Music selections include both fast and slow rhythms to help tone and sculpt the body."

The classes I have attended have even gone as far as including bollywood style moves as well. It is so fun, the time flies and you are dancing and having an aerobics party! There are women there of every size, shape and age. Some think they are strippers. Some(like me) kind of stand in the back and pray we dont have an infarction. But once we start dancing there is no judgement. ONly waving, and cha cha and hopping around like crazy people, sweat flying everywhere,

This morning was really great. She did some weights and stretching and a LOT of thigh and butt work and lots of arm work.(which is really what I need)

It was fun. I was sweating. I could fell the burn...BAD.(Especially during the tootsie roll song. Holy Cow.)

So YAY zumba. This is one class I REALLY enjoy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Zumba dvd, but the idiot who is teaching the moves hardly knows what he's doing. The girl who actually choreographed it is behind him and has to come up and remind him every once in awhile. Pft!
Doing it at a gym would be fun, though. With a teacher who has some memory capabilities.

Who We Are... said...

I love to do the belly dancing fitness routines on FitTV. LOL. Hey what is Etsy? Have an awesome day and tell Chuck I said hi!

PAC said...

ooo this is fun!! I love latin dancing and bellydancing!! I really feel like salsa-ing now!

moxylyn said...

I thought about taking a dance class at our local YMCA but when I peeked in on it everyone looked confused. I'd like to find a fun dance class around here.
Oh and btw, I just tagged you on my blog. I do hope you want to play!

Hey Harriet said...

I've never heard of Zumba before but it sure sounds like fun!

High Desert Diva said...

Trying to wrap my mind around
exercise
and
enjoy
in the same sentence.....

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...