Thursday, December 4, 2008

last day of ethnic hair!!

I am so excited. Today is my last day of this darn curriculum!
For the past 3 weeks I have done nothing but Relaxers, Jheri Curls, Pressing, fingerwaves(shoot me now please), pin curls, marcel curls and corn rows.
I am SO out of my element with certain aspects of ethnic hair.
I can do a relaxer and Jheri curl with my eyes shut. I can hot press hair without causing the hair to melt, scorch or set off a fire alarm. I can use my marcel iron with the best of them and my popeye fore arm. I can even pin curl and corn row. And by golly your flat wrap will be the smoothest, flattest wrap ever.

But, i CANNOT fingerwave. I hate it. It sucks.It sucks. It sucks.
For 7 hours yesterday I fingerwaved. I recombed. I fingerwaved. I re-combed. I tried again and again and again. Finally in frustration I threw down my comb, cursed and bowled my mannequin head into my locker, like Janeen Garafolo in Mystery Men. I have had it.
Thankfully today is the last day of this darn curriculum. And I have it on very high authority that we almost NEVER do fingerwaves on the clinic floor.
Today is the final exit exam for the curriculum. I will be ace-ing my 33 question test (all about relaxers, ATG, Lye vs no-lye relaxers, curling etc) and Monday morning start Hair cutting.

I dont have school tomorrow, which will be a nice break to recoup.


When I own my own salon i am putting out a sign that says "If you even ASK for fingerwaves, you will owe me $50...then you will be kicked out".

3 comments:

Double D said...

Haha...sounds like things have been crazy! Congrats on all the stuff you're learning, and I can totally see you do Janene Garafolo bowling toss (she was my fave in that movie).

Keep up the great work, hon, and I know you'll ace that test! You are the computer, right?

Holli said...

You made it thru!! I was rooting for you all the way and F**K fingerwaving. Boy. That sounded weird. LOL

Congrats Sarah!!! On to cutting hair now...woohoo!

Schofields said...

Ahhh, come on, I wanted you to fingerwave Tabi's hair! She could be Veronica Lake for Halloween!
Glad you're done!
Di

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...