Tuesday, December 23, 2008

yesterday was a baking day

So after losing my temper with he who shall not be named, I came home and baked and baked and baked.
I made rice krispie treats, peppermint chocolate chip brownies(from scratch, I dont use a mix for my brownies), shortbread cookies(see previous entry for recipe) and Mormon Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies.

My roommates and I perfected a brownie recipe that to this day I have found no equal.(Diane remember those?? E_____ made a batch for D______ and she ate too many and blamed us for stealing her brownies?? Anyhoo side tangent.)

I substituted the Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips for the second addition of chocolate chips.
Hallelujah, praise the Lord, Pass the Tax Rebate. They were FANTASTIC.

So in honor of the Christmas Spirit, here is the "Best Ever Brownie Recipe" with christmas alternative.


1/3 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

1 cup chocolate chips, melted
1 cup chocolate chips, whole

Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In mixing bowl combine butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, beating well.
Add the melted chocolate chips and stir until all combined.
Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well. Add the whole chocolate chips and fold in gently. Batter will be thick.
Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until done. cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional)

CHRISTMAS ALTERNATIVE: instead of adding a cup of whole chocolate chips at the end, add 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of the Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips.

I hope you enjoy. I have enjoyed posting many of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes. I really love baking during the holidays, and this has been a perfect way for me to share that with all of you.
I would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who stops by and reads my blog.
Although I dont have the time I used to, please know that I still keep up with everyones blog who is in my sidebar.

Happy Holidays to all! This will be my last post until after Christmas. I have a lot going on at school and trying to get ready for Christmas. I have a pile of gifts that still need to be wrapped(ugh). So in order to get everything done that needs to be done, I will forgo my usually blogging in the morning to make time for a few things that are a little higher on my priority list for now.

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Mmmm mmmm....

Diane said...

For the record, I NEVER eat too many brownies... it was E!!!
We still use that same recipe at our house too-- NOTHING else compares! We call it the Irresistible Brownie recipe... and occasionally drizzle chocolate syrup over the top! I'll have to try the peppermints! YUM!

Diane :)

Rosebud Collection said...

All looks tasty..Made your snickerdoodles and really like them..
Merry Christmas Sarah..May you all have a Blessed Holiday..

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...