Monday, December 15, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Cookie


These are my FAVORITE holiday cookies. My grandma has been making these for as long as I can remember, as well as my mom. i make them every year and we cut out and decorate them. They are super good. They are similar to a sugar cookie, but a milder, less sweet taste. They are GREAT for holidays, you can make a ton and give some away...or eat them all yourself. It's up to you really. You can't eat just one.



HOLIDAY SOUR CREAM COOKIES

2 cups sugar

1 cup softened butter

3 eggs

1 cup sour cream

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp vanilla

5 cups+ flour

Cream together sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
Gradually add in Soda, powder and flour.

Dough will be only slightly sticky, if it is too sticky add a little more flour.
Flour your rolling surface, your hands and your rolling pin.
Roll out dough thin(about 1/4") and cut out your shapes.

Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes, or until edges have set and are light golden brown.

When cooled, frost with your fave brand of icing and decorate with sprinkles, sugars etc.



Like I said these cookies have been around longer than I have. My mom said that my grandma has been making them even brfore I was born, so I know that this recipe has been around longer than 33 years. It's practically an antique. I guess I shall call them VINTAGE sour cream cookies, huh??(vintage, according to most, being older than 20 years.)

Try them, You will like them, you will like them Sam I am. AND this is the first time I have ever given out this recipe publicly.

No comments:

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...