Tuesday, March 24, 2009

deal of a lifetime

I am converting my bonus room downstairs into a salon. so when i graduate I can work evenings from my home.
My biggest concern was furniture. Even used it is outrageously expensive.
Enter fervent prayer and pleading and a dose of "Please help me know what to do".

last week a girl in my class came up to me and asked if I would like to purchase salon equipment.
total price $150.
Included: a brand new hydraulic pump chair, a hooded dryer with chair and a sink with sprayer.

WHAT???Apparently her father is quite the storage unit auction participater.
Every month he goes to the storage unit auctions and purchases various units that people have failed to pay their rent on, or cleaned out their unit. It is always sight unseen. You never know what you are going to get. Well a few weeks ago he purchased a large unit for about 65$. When he opened it he was AMAZED to discover a bunch of salon furniture and equipment.
So he is selling the sets for 150 each, and will deliver it to my house etc!!

Just a new chair alone is about $350. a sink is at least 500 and a hooded dryer with a chair is 450.

So for the grand total of 150 bucks i am able to get 1300 dollars minimum of equipment!!

So go to my shop and purchase lip balms so I can afford this equipment!!

4 comments:

Holli said...

That is really awesome Sarah! Ask the Fates and you receive right? Look at that! I so wish i lived near you so you could do my hair....

Lindsey said...

WOW! So cool. I'm going to order lip balms today.
I'm so excited you're getting that stuff for so cheap!

High Desert Diva said...

I swear I'm not gone long, and I check in again and you've posted....like....a million times!

I think I'm caught up again. Sorry to hear about Charles' hair! And Finn spitting. But killer deal on the salon equipment! And I like your biz name & cards!

Double D said...

Hon, you have no idea how much I'd love to buy a bunch of stuff, but trying to see my own stuff for the wedding!!! But that is seriously a sweet deal, ask and ye shall receive!!!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...