Thursday, March 19, 2009

is this going to get worse?

the boys take their lunches to school. every few weeks I have to make a sams run for juice boxes and snacks etc. This moring I went to Walmart(yes I shop at walmart, deal with it)
and bought a bunch of snacks(crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars, fruit cups etc)
$66 dollars.
SIXTY SIX FRIGGIN DOLLARS for 2 boys lunch snacks.

They are only 8 1/2 and 5 1/2. What is going to happen when they hit puberty and are REALLY eating me out of house and home?? I cant even think about it.

I have already told charles to crack the whip at work and start bringing home more bacon...we have hungry boys to feed.

3 comments:

Holli said...

I shop at Walmart too and I noticed the increase in prices on my last trip...what used to be $100 worth of stuff was now $150!!! What's up with that??

Lindsey said...

I KNOW. I'm terrified because my kids eat so much right now, and they are TINY. We're toast, Sarah. We'd better have gardens the size of Texas to supplement.

Double D said...

Sam's Club or CostCo's, honey. That's why I only need to really go shopping for necessities like milk and fresh veggies. Everything else, especially meats, are bought and stashed or frozen.

If you and Lindsey want, I'll start shipping out fresh canned goodness from my garden, it's gonna be bigger this year!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...