Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Josiah Leming? What??

I am confused. I am befuddled.
Apparently I am old and unhip. At the ripe old age of almost 32, my taste in music is firmly rooted. I know what I like, I know what I dont like. That being said, I am about to drop the bomb:

I do not like Josiah Leming.

He seems like a sweet, albeit homeless, kid who lived in his car. A chance encounter with American Idol catapulted him into instant stardom with AI viewers. Unfortunately, his ego got the better of him and his self-indulgent performance irked Simon to no end. He got the ax. Buh Bye. I figured this is the last we would see of Josiah Leming. Things would die down and go back to normal. How wrong I was.

People crowed and protested, hooted, hollered and tore out their hair, wore sackcloth and ashes when he got booted. Petitions were making their rounds to get him BACK on the show.He wrote a letter to his myspace fans(can you tell which market he is going to sell to??) telling them things were going well and to fear not.

His fans call themselves Lemingheads.

Really? For Josiah? Am I missing something?

I dont know what it is. I think when he sings he sounds like a sheep. A British Sheep. His vibrato is b-a-a-a-a d, chap. This video makes me think of a woman moaning and groaning and weeping and wailing. I JUST DON'T GET IT!


Apparently my favorite contestant has already landed himself a record deal with WB. The kid who was living in his car and singing for his friends, reportedly bought his dad a new truck. Really? A new truck? Where did he get the money?
Seems to me that they (WB) are counting their chickens before they hatch. If they are not careful they are going to have a Carly Smithson on their hands(2 million dollar record deal and only like 378 albums sold)
We will see if all his loyal myspace fans and AI groupies will pony up $20 to buy his new CD. It is the curse of American Idol. Just because you have fans and get votes, that does not always translate into record sales. I fear Josiah Leming will be the same.
But I could be wrong, it has been known to happen.

But,will someone PLEASE explain to me what it is about this kid that gets people all in a tizzy?


Sigh, I just REALLY dont understand.

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Happily, I'm stuck with 80's music so I don't follow all this.

A Blond And A Torch said...

Ha ha! I have never, ever seen an episode of American Idol, but that doesn't make any sense to me either.

Jennifer Juniper said...

Yes! Finally someone voiced my own personal thoughts! When I looked at your comment on my blog and saw one of your fav. books was Anne of Green Gables I HAD to come visit!

Anonymous said...

Um. I don't get it either. I thought he had terrible hair (the straight across gets you beat up, Josiah) and couldn't sing well. Barry loved him. Go figure.

Smarty Pants said...

Oh, mom, don't you know it's hip to be emo?
Everyone loves the underdog...especially if he has a new truck!

Anonymous said...

I disagree...I think he is talented and has passion for music. You all must have such amazing talent to judge so harsh. You all must be bitter old ladies!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...