Monday, March 17, 2008

Tag, you're it!

So I FINALLY got tagged this week!! Callooh Callay over at the snickersnack tagged me.
She said she hated to do it to me, but to be honest I was thrilled! I thought only the cool people got tagged and I was being picked last (visions of elementary school Kickball all over again). So thank you Callooh Callay!(you saved me from having to think of something to blog about)
So I am being forced to reveal 7 random, strange or unusual facts about myself. Since I myself AM strange and unusual(beetlejuice fans will pick up on that one), this shouldn't be a hard one.


1. My husband and I had a whirlwind courtship and engagement. We met on February 9th, briefly. We met again on February 23, breifly. He called our mutual friend to get my phone number.
He called me Feb 26th to ask me out. We went out Feb 27th. We were engaged March 26th and Married September 12th in Washington DC.
That was almost 11 years ago. My mother was STUNNED when her 21 year old(flaky) daughter told her that after less than a month she found the man she was going to marry and be with for the rest of forever.
Look at how young.....But I would do it all over again. Our colors were burgundy and black. Our song was "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg .



2. I HATE peas and Lima Beans. ANY legume with that pre chewed food consistency is just barfy and gives me the dry heaves. Actually any food with a wierd texture makes me queasy. Sushi(like the flavor, cant stand the texture), cottage cheese, overly cooked vegetables...(sorry grandma)

3. I have played piano for almost 27 years. I started very young. I had the honor to take from the late, great Eugene Masluck in Livermore California for almost 3 years. He was the greatest teacher I ever had. He made me work my tush off. I hated it at the time, but can now look back and appreciate his technique and teaching. I took all through college. I am a great sight reader, I SUCK at music theory. I suck at memorization of songs too. I currently play organ for my church and am also the choir pianist for our church choir. I am just about ready to accept applications for students in my home!

4. I am a vacation Nazi. I start planning my vacation about a year or two in advance. I google every bit of info I can. I organize everything into a notebook. I buy the travel guides and read them voraciously. I highlight, make notes, dog ear pages, circle, research some more and make itineraries. I print out little maps with walking and sightseeing directions on them. I have the vacation planned and scheduled down to the minute about 3 months in advance. Our trip to Disneyworld last september was a nightmare for my husband. I even have eating, photo opportunities, bathroom breaks, snack breaks etc scheduled. My girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Vegas in February and I am trying to keep my demon under control.

5. I like to photoshop my husband and I into scenic photos so we look like real world travelers. By myself I have been blessed to have traveled quite a bit before getting married. My husband has had lots of travel under his belt as well. Together as a couple, not so much. So In my imagination we went to greece, stonehenge, and aix en Provence France(my favorite place in France). Of course Charles pointed out that I used the same picture in Stonehenge and Aix. ..oh well, live and learn. I am currently working on Machu Pichu, The Great Barrier Reef and The Great Wall of China. I am thinking about making a whole scrapbook based upon these lies and deceptions....



6. I am OBSESSED with Christian Bale. I saw Newsies in the Theaters back when I was about 15 years old. Ever since I have been mentally stalking his every move. He hasnt made it easy! He isnt one to get himself in the tabloids or get stalked by the paparazzi. He is pretty out of the way and avoids scandal like the plague. I have seen every movie. The good, the bad and even a few of the ugly. I was THRILLED when he was the new batman. Although what REALLY ticks me off are the people who are JUST NOW jumping onto the CB bandwagon. "oh he is so hot, I love him". Oh yeah, where have you been the past 17 years!?!?"

7. I have had Harry Potter Puppet Pals music stuck in my head the past 4 days(thank you VERY MUCH Amy F!!) Snape Snape Severus Snape(Dumbledore!)



Hope you have enjoyed my 7 wierd things.



WHO I AM TAGGING:

Dawn at A Day in the life

Helen at artyallsorts

Denice at Home is where your pillow is

Lindsey at Hairwrecker

Jennifer at Stiletto Heights

Charmaine at High Desert Diva

Erin at Out of Character

THE RULES:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs

.4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

8 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

thanks for sharing some interesting facts about your life!!!

High Desert Diva said...

A vacation nazi! Ha! Too funny.
And your photoshopping vacation lies...what a great idea.



Off to think up 7 lies about myself....

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

Thanks for sharing! I love reading these about other folks.

Nice job on the Photoshop editing, too!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that puppet pals thing was weird! But it reminded me of another Harry Potter puppet pals video that I love, "Bothering Snape." (it's here if you're interested: http://www.eviltrailmix.com/extra/Potter.swf )

Anonymous said...

I've got food texture issues, too. Legumes don't bother me so much, but things like mushy cereal and yogurt smoothies... yick.

I love the pics of you guys around the world! How funny! You have a great imagination!

Callooh Callay said...

Oh great. I didn't even have to watch the video and now I have that song stuck in my head!

These are great facts. Reminds me to get started on my vacation...

stilettoheights said...

thank you for tagging me, I did the tag and it's on my blog.

I loved reading yours!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that Harry Potter puppet thing, although it DOES get stuck in one's head extremely easily. (Snape snape, severus snape)
I can't tag seven people because I only know you, Dawn, and Cary from LOTD. I am ashamed and will hang my head.

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...