Monday, March 24, 2008

Oh Marshmellow Peeps how I love you.

I know the most important part of Easter should be focusing on Jesus Christ and the resurrection. I know that my heart should be rejoicing and singing hallelujahs to the Saviour. He is risen! and Christ the Lord is ris'n today! etc. But it was hard. REALLY hard.

why was my religious contemplation so difficult for me this year?

Peeps.

I love Easter Candy... I am on a diet...I am going crazy.

All through church all I could think about was my childrens easter baskets filled with starburst, chocolate bunnies, robin eggs and my favorite, Marshmellow peeps.

Peeps are best eaten when the package has been opened and the peeps sit out and develop the hard chewy crust on the outside..

You can roast peeps over a flame and make smores out of them. You can put them in the microwave and blow them up. Peeps are just the best thing about easter. (the yellow chicks. NOT any other color and/or shape. It MUST be the YELLOW CHICKS)

In sunday school my kids got candy from their teachers as a little present. I could smell it all the way home as they were eating it.

All last night at my parents house for Easter dinner all I could think about was diving into that stringy plastic grass and fishing out a stray jellybelly.

But I resisted.

This morning I woke up and the baskets were there staring at me. mocking me.

Today at the drugstore down the road all their easter candy is 75% off. (O sweet mystery of life at last I've found you!)

I am going to have to make Charles hide the keys to the truck.

Oh who am I kidding. Those peeps are going to meet their doom in my stomach.

8 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Would it help if you read the ingredients to those evil, little things?

Caroline said...

If I see another Creme Egg, I'll puke. Urgh. *burp*

OMB said...

LOL!! I'm not into the peeps, but I've had my share of other Easter goodies.

Laura McBride said...

My demise are those wonderful creamy Cadbury eggs and their mini ones too. I just blamed it on a pregnancy craving and there they were in my hand. Mmmm....

Anonymous said...

I thought I might be the only one who prefers peeps after they been sitting out for a few days. Love that crunchy - chewyness.

Arty Allsorts said...

Never even heard of Peeps before but I see they are made by Haribo - now I love haribo so I guess I'd like peeps too :) Cadbury's Creme Eggs have been on sale here since Boxing Day (26th December) and I've been really good this year - I only buy 1 when I get petrol!

Anonymous said...

Stale Peeps are so evil and good. Frozen will do too in a peep emergency and you can't wait a few days for them to stale up.

littlebird said...

wow we don't get those peeps here in Scotland but they look adorable , i was gonna say "to good to eat" but who am i kidding the would not get the chance to crispy on the outside i my house!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...