Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My latest Listing-Oatmeal Soap


This soap by me (Thebalmshoppe) is Oatmeal, Milk and Honey with organic ground oatmeal.
The fragrance is Oatmeal, milk and honey, which is a sweet creamy oatmeal with a hit of cream, honey and cinnamon. It smells delicious.

This is a Cold Process soap. After pouring it into the molds and letting it set, I popped it out. I didnt like the smooth bar that was produced. I wanted something a little "rougher" and natural looking. So I grated the bars, reheated and reworkd them and hand milled them into bars. They are nubby, nobby, bumpy and much more what I had in mind for natural oatmeal soap.
Normally I do make smooth bars of soap, that is true. But this is my oatmeal exfoliating soap, I wanted something a bit more "homespun" (I guess that is the word I am trying to think of.)
When it was too smooth, it just didnt seem right to me. ( I am trying to do a better job of trusting, and acting upon, my instincts.) So I jumped in, destroyed my smooth bars and reworked them.
I love the new bar and texture. It fits perfectly into your hand, the oatmeal gently exfoliates and the lather is frothy, yet stable. The bar itself is semi hard,( not too hard but not soft.) I made them 3 x 2 x 1, which is the perfect scrubbing size.
The base is soybean oil, palm oil, and palm kernel oil. I added golden jojoba and shea butter along with castor oil. This soap also moisturizes and nourishes you skin. I ground up organic oatmeal and added it as a gentle and natural exfoliant


It is gentle for your skin, too. Oatmeal soap is great for those with eczema, as it is a soothing additive.

I hope you like my latest addition to The Balm Shoppe.If you are interested in this soap, you can purchase it here. I have 6 bars available. Once they are gone, they are gone!!

6 comments:

letitiah said...

oooh it looks so thick! Love that texture!

High Desert Diva said...

Looks just right....glad they turned out the way you wanted!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Looks good enough to eat! OK, I wouldn't eat it, but it definitely looks good for my dry skin!

Caroline said...

Mmm that looks like a great bar of soap. I like the exfoliating ones. :)

Moonchild Dancing! said...

This looks skintastic! Wonderful exfoliator! :)

Crafty Mama said...

Your new soap sounds yummy!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...