Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Random snapshot and post of the day

Last week was Teacher appreciation week at Peters school. Each student was to bring in a flower, and then the teacher would have a mixed bouquet of flowers by her students.
So we went to Sams and Peter picked out Alstroemeria. It is also known as Peruvian Lily, aand each stem has several trumpet shaped blossoms. The stems are a beautiful green and the leaves are fairly long and full.
Well, Peter took 3 flowers. One for his teacher, one for the teachers assistant and one for his Physical Therapist, Miss Janet. I got the rest.

They have been sitting on my table in a vase for over a week now, and are still so beautiful. I took a picture of them last night to remember. These may be the best batch of Alstroemeria I have ever purchased. I try and buy at least 1 bouquet a month of them to have on my table. They last forever, they are really beautiful and they make me happy.

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Nothin' better than flowers

CopperSpringsLeather said...

beautiful flowers and a great idea for the teachers.

Anonymous said...

Fresh flowers are wonderful. :)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...