Friday, March 28, 2008

Where has my sweet Finny gone??



This is Finn. He is almost 5 years old.

He is a Pill. You know, being 5 is a hard thing. The world demands so much from these little guys. (SARCASM)

Shoot being 5 is hard for ME...I have to put up with it and try to not completely lose my mind in the process. August can't come too soon. Then he starts school.

We were at a family picnic, having fun, having a cook out. The kids had an easter egg hunt, smores, a playground. The sky was beautiful., the weather was perfect.

Finn was in rare form.

1. It was too hot

2. He didnt want a hot dog, he wanted McDonalds. Then he decided to have a hot dog...only to discover he would rather have a cheeseburger(FROM MCDONALDS)

3. He didnt like THAT playground, he wanted the playgrounds at the park near our house.

4. He didnt want to go for a nature walk, he wanted to play on the playground(the very same playground he DIDNT want to play on only an hour before)

5. The Easter egg hunt wasnt fair, he only found 10 eggs(the same as all of his other cousins). He wanted more than everyone else.

6. He didnt want water, he wanted a juicebox. Juicebox was not to his liking. He wanted apple juice, not fruit punch. Bottled water was not cold enough. He wanted it straight from the fridge, not the cooler.

7. he wanted to go home

8. He didnt want to go home

9. He cried all the way home because he was having so much fun and it just wasnt fair.

10. He cried at home because he wanted eggs with jellybeans in them and instead got eggs with chocolate.

11. Was tired and wanted to go to bed.

12. Cried because he WASN'T tired and DIDNT want to go to bed.

13. Got out of bed 3 times. Once to tell me I was a mean mom and that I didnt love him because I was making him go to bed. The second to get a drink of water because he was thirsty and to remind me how mean I am because I wouldnt let him have Kool-Aid for a bedtime thirst quencher and the third time to go to the bathroom and to tell me to leave him alone he needed privacy.

14. FINALLY went to sleep.

That was just on Sunday. Lord, grant me patience.

14 comments:

Willow's World & Willow's Wool said...

great blog....made me laugh out loud and accidently spit my coffee out!

Rosebud Collection said...

I use to be so worn out at night..then look at them when they were asleep and think, how could they have upset me so, they looked like angels...He is adorable.

High Desert Diva said...

Man! That made me tired just reading it! Hang in there...it gets better, right?

Anonymous said...

Sounds exhausting - and hilarious! I'm SO glad I have no children; I would be no good at all at being a mother. You, however, are doing a fine job - he looks and sounds adorable!
Thanks for coming to see my blog too! :-)

Hey Harriet said...

Oh Boy! Maybe your Finny was just having 'one of those days'. We all have them. I just hope he doesn't have too many. For your sake! Good luck :)

Funny Fickle Finny!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

A flood of memories just came rushing back after reading that! For some strange reason...I really miss that. You will some day too...hang in there!

tatsuko said...

Wow! I think it's great that Finn's mom has a great sense of humour and that she can vent in her blog ☺

decadentdiamond said...

Oh my god.. and I thought my little sister was bad!!

I do sometimes ponder what sort of mother I'd be like. I hope I am as patient as you are!!

~Stella said...

If you get some of that patience, please share it with me!!!! I was hoping my 5 year old would outgrow this stuff when he turned 6, but that was over a month ago and he is still such a pill. Sigh...and he was such a sweet baby.

Anyway, hang it there with Finn. I'm sure the sweetness will come back.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. I hate those days.
I'm so strung out when my daughter gets like that that I almost hope she's coming down with something. So it can be cured.

Ana said...

LOL that cracked me up, he's such a diva ;) hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Tell him he'd better shape up or the Dwead Piwate Jeffwy will come get him.

Double D said...

Goodness, hon! Just keep up with those happy thoughts, and remember...Serenity now!!!

picciolo said...

hehehe, I have a five year old daughter, so know where you are coming from, sometimes mums can't do anything right!
: )

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...