Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July Pictures


For the 4th of July we went to the Baseball Game and Sky Show at Knight Stadium.(yes I know it is the 9th and I am JUST NOW getting the pictures up and talking about it. I am a slug)

A few years ago they moved the Skyshow fireworks from Uptown Charlotte to the baseball stadium.( We have a minor league team called the Charlotte Knights)
Skyshow is the largest fireworks display in the Southeast and they are AMAZING!
.
We went for the first time last year and just had so much fun we decided to make it a yearly tradition.
This year, instead of sitting in the nice seats right behind home plate, we waited until the day of to buy our tickets. That meant we were sitting on the lawn. But hey, for $5 a ticket, you cant beat it.
We spread out a picnic planket and watched the game and then had perfect seats for the fireworks. All we had to do was lay back and they were right over our heads. It was incredible.
I am really glad we went.
Can you tell what Finn enjoyed the most?? That Blue Cotton Candy turned his poop green.

I have to admit I myself enjoyed a bag of Pink cotton candy. Nothing like pure spun sugar to make you enjoy an outdoors event!!




I am not quite sure what this expression is. Fear? silliness? potty time? I guess I'll never know.

The fireworks started off with a big bang and both the boys had their ears covered at first.



Just me and my boys after the show. It was almost 11pm, the humidity had its way with my hair, Finn looks drunk and Peter has on his typical 8 year old smile: the tightlip.
We will be going back next year as well. I think we may just stay in the lawnseats. You cant beat a family outing , fun time and fireworks for a mere $20.

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Sheesh! I haven't had cotton candy in years!

Callooh Callay said...

Aw, such sweeties. Love the blue smile.

The Mom Jen said...

MMM...cotton candy, your next giveaway.. kiddin'!

T.Allen said...

Eww cotton candy made the kid belly list years ago. (That's my list of foods that I loved but are now lethal, pancakes and PB&J are on there too) You're one of the friendly fora faces, I'm so happy to have found your blog and have a glimpse of your charming little guys. I added ya, see ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Damn you and your hair. Your hair always looks good compared to mine, unless you've just taken it out of cornrows, that is. RAR!

Hey Harriet said...

That bright blue smile is awesome! Glad you had a fun time. Looks like a wonderful way to celebrate 4th of July :)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...