Monday, July 21, 2008

Jelly Belly observation...kind of stupid i apologize.



So at home economist the other day I bougth my kids some jelly bellies. They had behaved while I did boring stuff and didnt run up and down the aisles, crash into stuff, poke produce, stick their hands in the bulk bins or beg for nasty vegan energy biscuits. (they LOOK so appetizing. Then you try one and it is like eating sawdust flavored with figs).

So Finn got Cinnamon (who invited that kid?? Cinnamon?? Try a flavor I enjoy Finn!!)

Peter got the mixed. Every flavor of Jelly Belly ever made in one giant mixture.

So here I sit, nibbling his jelly bellies...I come across very cherry(my personal fave), mango, pink cotton candy, pink lemonade, sour blue raspberry,banana(meh), pineapple, pina colada, toasted coconut, marshmellow...yum yum and more yum.

THEN i bit into what I THOUGHT was another mango. No, it was not mango, it was Buttered popcorn.

Blech, i have lost the taste for jelly bellies. How does ONE crappy flavor manage to ruin the whole bag??

buttered popcorn, you are the devil. How you manage to be one of the most popular I will never know.

What is YOUR favorite and least favorite Jelly belly??

6 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

We don't have 'jelly bellies' over here, only in import specialty sweets shops & they're expensive. So I've not eaten too many & can't remember which flavour I liked best. Too many flavours! I do remember some really icky tasting ones. Probably buttered popcorn ;)

The Mom Jen said...

GREEN APPLE ROCKS!!! Um...the worst..COCONUT, tastes like sunscreen! ;P

T.Allen said...

It's a tie between the pineapple and the green apple for faves. Cinnamon is pure evil, Red Hots they are not!

Rosebud Collection said...

They all sounded tasty..even the popcorn..can't help myself, like popcorn..

picciolo said...

I have to say they aren't my favourite sweet, they are always a bit disappointing. I love all the colours though!
: )

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen these in the UK. But it reminds me of a line in Harry Potter where Dumbledore is offered an every-flavour bean and he eats it and says, 'Alas! Earwax' It kind of put me off surprise-flavour sweets :-)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...