Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

So my birthday was yesterday.
I went to bed on Saturday looking and feeling like this:
I woke up one day later, another year older, feeling like THIS:

Birthdays suck.

However I did get to go see a movie. I wanted to see Mama Mia and almost made Charles take me .(But he hates ABBA and he called me "a cruel Mistress" for inflicting it upon him.) So I chose something we could both be happy with. We went to see Dark Knight on Friday. It was GREAT. Heath Ledgers Joker was sadistic, yet AMAZING. It is such a shame he passed away, his Joker will be legendary. I don't know how they will replace him in the upcoming movies. The movie is very dark and NOT for kids under 13. (that was the #1 question I was asked this weekend) So, I got My Christian Bale with no shirt on and he got a comic book movie. It's a win-win.

Yesterday after church we went to my mom and dad's house for my birthday lunch. Every year my mom makes me italian sausage and green peppers, pasta sauce and rice. She asks every year "What do you want for your Birthday dinner?" and I just look at her and say "You have to ask??"

So it was a good day.

Today My day is filled with laundry and packing. I am taking the boys to Virginia to go camping and to go to the beach. Charles family reunion is this week and I am leaving tomorrow morning. I HATE the day before a trip. I always get stressed and ugly and mean and my fuse is shorter than ever. So my kids are hiding in their rooms, it is as if they sense danger (Danger Will Robinson, Danger!)



And for those of you in Charlotte, come by Kia of Monroe this week to see my husband and buy a car from him!! (He cant go to his own family reunion, sad isn't it??) Ask for the white guy with the peeling nose. They'll point you his direction.

But he has promised he would sell 2 cars this week, so I am FULLY expecting a big paycheck when I get home Red and Nerdy!! Mama needs Lasik eye surgery!!



I will be back to Blogging again on Monday the 28th.



Happy week!!

7 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Happy belated birthday!

Have a fun trip

Heather said...

Have a fabulous time!

The Mom Jen said...

Have a wonderful trip, Happy Belated Birthday and the Dark Knight was amazing wasn't it. God rest Heath Ledger's soul.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Have a great reunion! Here's to tons of cars driving off the lot your hubby works on!!!! Sold ones that is!

picciolo said...

happy birthday for yesterday, that picture made me smile! Hope you have a good trip
: )

Hey Harriet said...

A great big happy belated birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Haha, white guy with the peeling nose!
That picture of you looks really good. Whore. (Sorry, you know who I've been with all week...)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...