Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Corey Feldman


When I was 11, 12 an 13 I had the HUGEST crush on Corey Feldman. He was just my favorite person in Hollywood. I saw all of his movies, I recorded every single Entertainment tonight piece that may have even mentioned his name, I watched MTV all day to see the Video "Baby you can Drive my Car" just to see him. My walls and doors were PLASTERED with every magazine page from Tiger beat, 16, Bop etc. I had pictures of his crazy side, his sensitive side, his meloncholy side.(I mean look at that picture. How could any tween during Corey Mania resist that mug??) I had all the articles about him, I knew his favorite color, I knew he didnt eat meat(That was OK, I could eat my steak in private) I was OBSESSED. If anyone joked about him, made fun of him, talked bad about him, I was his #1 staunchest defender. Nobody crossed Sarah on Corey Feldman Rampage. And for those girls that were the Corey Haim girls. Pfft, hand to the face.

Then 1990 rolled around, Newsies was released in theaters and my new obsession was born. Christian Bale. I am still a diehard Balehead to this day, and he is still #1 on my list.
I am sorry Corey, I just outgrew you, but thanks for the memories! ( and thanks for not responding to the 15 letters I wrote to you, thus breaking my 12 year old heart. I will bill you for THAT therapy session.)
I wonder what happened to all my posters??



----------------------------------------------------
ANYWAY onto my REAL story
As many of you know Charles has two colors. uber white and lobster red.
yesterday at work they were outside all day. ALL DAY! It was a nice sunny day with a deceptively cooling breeze. With a breeze you always think "Oh hey, this isnt bad, I'll be fine!". You never think about the UV index or the suns scorching rays when there is a nice breeze to keep you somewhat comfortable. You cant feel the sun searing your flesh when the wind is gently blowing your hair and keeping your pits dry.
It wasnt pretty.
Charles came home and was a GLOWING Neon Red. All he needs are rubber bands around his hands and can go join his comrades on someones plate at Red Lobster. YOWZA.
His face is so burned his skin is puffy and his eyes are practically swollen shut. His skin is tight and shiny and red.

Luckily being a balm maker I had some pure aloe butter I scooped out and shmeared all over his visage. It seemed to help a little bit and now his skin is as smooth as a baby's butt!!
But thanks to his adventure without sunscreen, he has a new nickname.
So, please to enjoy Red and Nerdy's sunburn. This picture hardly does it justice You have to see it in person to appreciate the "Glow". Even his lips are sunburned.



Maybe I can call him "Old Glory". He has the red sunburned face, and the rest of his body is still super white, and the blue eyes. He isnt a human being, he is an American flag masquerading as a salesman! Do I have to take off my hat and put my hand over my heart when he walks by??

13 comments:

Felicia said...

Well that was a total blast from the past. Sorry about your preteen broken heart :)

Anonymous said...

YOW! I hurt just from looking at Charles' picture!

And Sarah, come on...Feldman? Shudder. Did you see him on Surreal Life, whiny and petulant and needy and wearing a purple velvet jacket with ruffled Pimpernel shirt to get married for the sixth time? I can't even conjure up enough disdain to want to beat the snot out of him.

Sarah McBride said...

I know i know.
But as I said it was 20 years ago!!
i dont STILL hanker for him/.

Just a blast from the past that I kind of look back on and think "what was I thinking?" Kind of a Loren Hall moment or a John gricunas.(a Lindsey reference for those of you not following)

The Mom Jen said...

OMG he looks like the sun! I bet he's just emanating heat in bed and not in the best way!

Double D said...

OMG, poor Charles!!! I can't even fathom how much that hurts, and I'm of the partially faired skin myself!!! At least I can get a little tan.

Haha...I had a crush on both Corey's, sorry. I wanted to be in a "Corey"wich, honest to God. Haha...did you ever see that show, The Two Coreys on A&E? OMG, that show had me dying, they're both a bunch of losers!!! Minus the fact that they're talking about a Goonies 2 coming out (yup, Mouth is back!!!), I doubt I'd think of him anytime soon after I close your blog.

Double D said...

Okay, note to self, "they're both a bunch of losers" makes no sense...someone beat me with a stick?

picciolo said...

oh no, that looks painful! I hope it has gone down a bit today
: )

Rosebud Collection said...

What a burn..It hurts just looking at him..

Callooh Callay said...

Tiger Beat...ah, it's been a while.

My husband's skin is the same way. Even when the rest of him isn't burned, his neck is red. Those northern European genes!

Hey Harriet said...

Oh no! That's gotta hurt! Ouch!

..."an American flag masquerading as a salesman" haha! Love it!

High Desert Diva said...

Owwww!

I have the same problem....either white or red...tanning, evidently is not an option. But hey! I do use spf 50 now...

Vinegar takes the sting out, btw.

I can't believe I've missed so many blog posts....eeep! I'm behind on everything!

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Ah, the 80s...such a time of angst for everyone. So prefer to remember the Corey's as they were rather than how they turned out to be, LOL!

Arty Allsorts said...

oooh ow, I bet that hurt lots! I burnt my bum cheeks once, snorkeling - believe me I know how burned feels! LOL

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...