Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Precious

I am so in love with Amy Butler. Let me just clear that up and get that out in the open. I am ADDICTED to her fabrics.
Her lines are just so amazing, and I love to go to the quilting shop that carries them and go have a look. Here is her "NIGELLA" line. Couldnt you just dive in and drown in the beauty that is Amy Butler Fabric?? (In case you can't tell I am COMPLETELY addicted to Fabric. It is a sickness, really)

Here are some of my favorites from her LOTUS collection.

This one is Tea Box:

This one is Damask Rose:



Well the other day I was at Michaels with a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket when I stumpled across THIS :


It is K&Company Specialty Paper scrapbook Pad with AMY BUTLER PAPER! It is from Nigella Collection and is the Tea Box set. It is 24 sheets of Double sided paper. (2 pages of each type). So there are 24 designs in this set. So at 40% off it was a mere 9.00. You can get a yard of her fabric for $9. But I got 24 pieces of her glorious paper. It is so crisp and beautiful and sparkly and "purdy". Oh Amy Butler how I love you.

This paper is so scrumptious and beautiful. I am absolutely infatuated with it. I dont know whether to save it for a rainy day, or get busy cutting and creating!! I have an itchy paper cutter finger and am feeling antsy!! I keep looking through it, touching it, stroking it and calling it "My Precious".

So moral of the story: If you see me with scraggly hair and a wild look in my eyes, throw me into Mt Doom and let me perish with My Precious.

11 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

“It is the soul's duty to be loyal to its own desires. It must abandon itself to its master passion.” Rebecca West

Have fun with your new paper!

High Desert Diva said...

It's loverly!

Jen said...

haha, nice find- I didn't know that you could get the coordinating paper!

Bee said...

Hee heee hee...I think you are drooling.

I love fabric too. Never met one I didnt like:)

Rosebud Collection said...

Really nice stuff..I say this, have a blast and cut right into it..

Jennifer Juniper said...

Headin' to Michael's!!!

asoom said...

Nice blog, I totally love your taste in books!

maggie moran said...

Welcome to the Southern Reading Challenge, Sarah! Good Luck! :)

Carly said...

Hey Sarah. I ordered Shaela's 1 year birthday dress in Amy Butler fabrics - they are so DARN cute!!! And I think my mom stumbled across the fabric store here that carries them - so much fun! We are also Etsy-addicts!

Erika said...

Boy, do we have much in common! Not sure how I found you, but I'm an HLHS mama as well (our son is 2 1/2, post-Fontan). I LOVE Amy Butler, and we, too, had a "great hairbuzzing incident". :-)

Hey Harriet said...

Oooh these are damn sweet fabrics! I can understand your addiction :)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...