Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boutique Bracelets


I have been kind of toying with an idea the past few weeks. One of those ideas that get stuck in your head and wont go away. So in I jumped. I have learned over the past few years to never second guess myself. If I have an idea, I need to do it or I will fret and contemplate and "what if" the rest of my life.
So here was my idea:
I wanted to make a cute, inexpensive bracelet for every month of the year, coordinating with said months birthstone color. So instead of real gemstones and sterling silver and bali silver and really shocking price tag, I used Czech Firepolished faceted rounds in a variety of sizes and used sterling silver and pewter spacers and bead caps. Each bracelet is finished off with a toggle clasp of some sort and are only $12. I have seen similar items at my local boutiques and gift shops for $20 or more.
I love Boutique jewelry. It is really pretty and festive, yet affordable and with no worries that you are losing a fortune should it go missing. If you are active or hard on your jewelry then the boutique style jewelry is the way to go.
I apologize in advance for the pictures. I need to repair my lightbox and have not yet done it.






















































I will be listing these periodically throughout the month in my shop. Each bracelet is 7 1/2 inches long but can be shortened or lengthened for a 50 cent charge to cover wire and crimp beads.
I am also going to take them to my craft show in October and hopefully they will make excellent stocking stuffers.
Now I just need to make coordinating Moo Cards to go with them. I figured I would have each month with its own moo card and have the month listed and what the birthstone is and what it means etc. So if I can just channel my inner adobe illustrator goddess and design those moo cards!!
Happy Thursday.

6 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful job you did..Your right, when you get an idea, go with it..They are lovely.

High Desert Diva said...

Really great idea!

Here's to channeling your Photoshop goddess

picciolo said...

these look great, good luck with them!
: )

Hey Harriet said...

What a great idea. They look beautiful! I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes!

Anonymous said...

These are really pretty - such a great idea too. Good luck!

Just Tera said...

Beautiful what a great idea.

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...