Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On the cover of a Magazine

The Promise Pages Newsletter came out, featuring Peter and the other Patient Ambassador, Shiquoa. This is the UNC Childrens hospital magazine/newsletter that comes out every few months and this is the one announcing the Patient ambassadors of the year.

On the inside cover is a little blurb about Shiquoa andPeter with a condensed version of their stories and their likes and dislikes.


In case the scan didnt turn out, here is what it says:
"Shortly after birth, Peter McBride, was diagnosed with Hypoplastic Left Heart, a congenital condition where the left side of the heart-including the aorta, aortic valve,left ventricle and mitral valve-is underdeveloped. Despite three corrective surgeries at a hospital in Charlotte, Peter had a heart transplant at N.C. Childrens hospital on September 26, 2005.
Now an active first grader, Peter is a natural ham and a favorite with all the nurses. He remains under the care of Pediatric Cardiologist Blair Robinson, and loves to play chutes and ladders with his mom while staying at the hospital."


Of course on the inside is the picture of "Peter with his parents" and they picked THE WORST picture to put in there. They sent me a disk with all the pictures from our photo shoot. There were PLENTY of perfectly NICE pictures of me to choose from. Charles looked good in all of them, as did Peter, so WHY oh WHY did they have to pick the ONE PICTURE that makes me look like a big fat weenie?? Oh well. I M not the star of this show I guess. Only the mother who has had to endure 8 years of anguish and torment. Why should they be nice to me??
(I am guilt tripping the editor)
I will get the other pictures uploaded and post some down the road.
Happy Hump Day!

9 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Yay for Peter!

Hey Harriet said...

Oh Peter is quite the cute little superstar! The family photo is sweet. You look fine! I think we're all much more critical of our own photos.

ps: I commented on my blog re the 'public art' confusion. My long-winded answer may confuse you even more ;)

Sew Gracious said...

That's a great family picture! I know you're proud of your little guy! :-)

picciolo said...

what a great article, what a superstar he is
: )

Kristina said...

when i saw your family picture my first thought wasn't "big fat weenie."
it wasn't my second third or fourth thought either. I think it is adorable!
what a superstar YOU are!

Heather said...

Peter is such a dashing young man! And I don't think you look bad either, you silly.

Wow, to think I had two famous people in my house the other day . . .

Unknown said...

The pic is beautiful.....We were wondering where Finn was??? I miss you guys! Hope all is well!

Cary McNeal said...

What a handsome young fella. And I think you look fantastic in your pic, S.

Anonymous said...

You look genuinely happy and that makes you gorgeous!

Very moving story about your son.

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...