Friday, August 22, 2008

Donations needed for hospice

Our Relief Society(womens auxilary group at church) is making little pillows for the local Hospice center. They use them for leg pillows, neck pillows etc. They are nice for the people to have to help make them a little bit more comfortable.
There are 5 large Hospice centers here in the charlotte area, so we are going to be making quite a few. i am donating all the fabric etc, and I went through and even Old Blue will be making an appearance. So over the next couple of weeks I will be cutting the fabric to size and getting it ready. Then at our activity we will be sewing them and stuffing them. I think it will be a huge success.
If anyone has any fabric they would like to donate for this service project please let me know.
It needs to be cotton, blend, flannel, terrycloth or something soft and not scratchy. It needs to be a minimum quarter of a yard wide (the full 45" long). I would like to make as many pillows as humanly possible. Like i said they have 5 centers here in Charlotte and lots of patients. They also do not reuse pillows, so they do go through them quite quickly.

we are relying strictly on donated items and can use fabric, fiberfill and thread.
We have quite a bit of fabric and can always use more. The fiberfill is VERY welcome as well.

so if you are able to donate anything to this worthy cause please let me know. Your blog or etsy shop will get a special thank you post with links to your shop or blog.

have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

I have some Sarah. Will you email me your mailing address?

Heather said...

Brilliant, Sarah! Hope that our group of 45 women can pull this off! :)

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful thing to do..I think Hospice is one of the most wonderful groups out there..

Arty Allsorts said...

Hope this all goes well for you and your group - it's so lovely to be able to help isn't it? I don't have any fabric or stuff (not really my thing!!) otherwise I would send you some but I'll send you good wishes instead :)

High Desert Diva said...

Ok....finally got the package mailed off on Tuesday. It's coming snail mail though....7-10 days....

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...