Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HELP! Music wanted

I am feeling really happy about my exercise program. I started running last monday,(the 5th).
and in the past 9 days have really increased my stamina for the level I am running at.
PLUS I have lost 5 1/2 pounds.
The sleeves on my shirts are a little looser (which is where I lose weight first), I dont have to lay down on the bed with a set of pliers to get my pants on and I have had a lot more energy.
I wake up, get my running clothes on, eat a little breakfast, take my vitamins, drink some water , get the boys to school and head to the YMCA. (yes I know some people say dont eat before you work out. If I did that I would throw up)

A few months ago a friend made a playlist for her husband to work out to, to keep him pumped up and going. So I have compiled a small music list to run to. I can ALWAYS use suggestions too!!


1. Ballroom Blitz- The Sweet
2. ESPN Jock Jams
3. Temperature-Sean Paul
4. Little Bird- Annie Lennox
5. Rock STar- N.E.R.D
6. Aint no other man-Christina Aguilera
7. Barbie Girl- Aqua
8. Take a Chance on Me-ABBA
9. Voulez Vous-ABBA
10. Love Shack-B-52's
11. Movin' Right along- The Muppets
12. I believe in a thing called Love- The Darkness
13. Cecilia- Simon and Garfunkle
14. Numa Numa- Ozone
15. Tootsie Roll- 69 Boys
16. Mercy- Duffy
17. Pump It- Black Eyed Peas
18. Lets Get Retarded- Black Eyed Peas
19. Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy- Big and Rich
20. Blister in the Sun- Violent Femmes
21. Groove s in the Heart- Dee Light
22.Whoomp There it is- Tag Team
24. Before He Cheats- Carrie Underwood
25. I Think I Love You- David Cassidy
26. You Spin Me Right Round- Dead or Alive
27.We will rock you-queen
28. Dont Stop me now-Queen
29. We're not Gonna Take IT- Twisted Sister
30. All the Things She said- Tatu
31- Bring me Edelweiss- Edelweiss
32. Switch- Will Smith
33. Separate Ways- Journey
34. Disturbia- Rhianna
35. so what- Pink
36- Pump up the jam- Technotronic
37- My sharona- The Knack
38- Heart of Glass- Blondie
39- Pink Cadillac- Aretha Franklin
40- Jump for your love- The pointer sisters
41. Neutron Dance- Pointer Sisters
42- Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
43. Stayin Alive- Bee Gees
44. Elle a fait un bebe toute seule- JJ Goldman
45. Ill Make a Man out of you- Mulan Soundtrack
46. Rock Me Amadeus- Falco
47- Thank God Im Country Boy- John Denver

I put this bad boy on shuffle and I lose track of time. It is awesome. Music really keeps me going, so I really can use all the suggestions I can get.In the comments, please add a great song to work out to, a pump it up song, or something that will keep my butt in gear!! Even if you think I have never heard it before, please write it down for me!!

THANKS!!

10 comments:

Denice said...

Call me crazy, but 'Jump in the Line' by Harry Belafonte is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Switch by Will Smith, and the club remix of More Than a Feelin' by Boston. Good stuff.

TP said...

Wow - thats an impressive list of songs. I'm going through it to add new ones to my playlist. Also you could try http://inthegym.net for workout music playlists - organized by music & workout type.

Double D said...

Single Ladies by Beyonce
Hot N Cold by Katy Perry (it's got a good 80's beat to it)
Womanizer by Britney Spears (actually, I hear the whole CD is pretty good)
Just Dance by Lady GaGa (a friend got me hooked!!!)
Sober by Pink (newest song out)

Now you're giving me ideas to put together my own workout mix for my Zune!

Double D said...

Haha...just remembered one

Cotton Eye Joe!!! Not sure who does it, but that song always gets me moving!

Arty Allsorts said...

The Only Way is Up by Yazz
Night Boat to Cairo by Madness
Mr Blue Sky by ELO (Electric Light Orchestra)

Can you guess my age yet? huh :) Well done on the weight loss, hope it continues for you xx

High Desert Diva said...

This post should inspire me...really it should.

Jolin said...

That is awesome you are going to do a 1/2 marathon!

I picked up a few army cadences from itunes - they are a nice beat to run to.

kiddlebug said...

Ain't Nothing Wrong With That by Robert Randolph and the Family Band
Whisper to a Scream by Icicle Works
Rock Me Gently by Andy Kim
Troublemaker by Weezer
The Pretender by The Foo Fighters

There are just a few suggestions from my running playlists. :)

Mary said...

wow- sorry, way behind on the reading!
Try you and your hand by Pink. Love it and I always run faster during that song :)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...