Monday, January 26, 2009

woo hoo

so I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a week.
since starting my running program 3 weeks ago I have dropped 9 pounds.(this is the start of week 4)

I can mostly see it in my face and butt(the first two places I lose it)
I have had several people at school ask me if i have been losing weight and what I was doing.
My teacher has asked how I have lost so much so quickly. (like I said I lose it in my face first, so it gives the illusion of more)

So Here is my secret: I run for 30 minutes 3 times a week. I have been on the couch to 5k program, MON-WED-FRI. Basically i have been alternating running a certain amount of time with walking and each week i run just a little bit longer and walk a lettle less.
(If I decide to do more I go out and exercise the other 2 days and swim or walk the treadmill.)

I tweaked my diet just a little bit.
Basically i cut out all carbonated beverages, cut back on my sweets intake by 50% and eat slower and eat smaller portions. Oh and I take whole food concentrate vitamins.(horse pills that look and taste like grass, but are chock full of every single vitamin and mineral your body could ever need or want)
Thats it.
Pretty easy.

I feel really good about it and i am doing it the old fashioned way. Exercise, smarter eating habits, and no diet pills.

size 12 here I come!!

8 comments:

Holli said...

That is really really good!! Keep it up....you have great dedication Sarah :)

jewelstreet said...

Rock on, Sarah! 9 lbs is awesome! I'm on week 3. My big thing is I'm so afraid the scale is wrong, and I'm actually just as heavy as I was before.

Keep up the great work! Thanks for being an inspiration.

Kristina said...

congrats! That is wonderful news. I keep gaining weight no matter what I do. Boooo.

picciolo said...

wow well done, you are doing excellently!
: )

High Desert Diva said...

Very inspirational. Woo Hoo!

Double D said...

Hon, that's awesome, good for you!!! I'm down just about 7 pounds just by changing diet and walking a bit since the beginning of Jan, I need to find a treadmill since it's WAY too cold to run outside (it's 12 degrees right now). But I'm so proud of you!!! You're giving me that extra umph I need to get my butt more in gear...pun intended.

Ever try pilates? I got this bar with stretch bands with insets for your foot from Wal-Mart, I did it for a 1/2 hour on Saturday morning and I'm STILL feeling the burn.

Shanda McKeehan said...

NICE JOB Sarah!! Good for you - especially doing this while you are in school and stressed. Awesome work! Let me know if you ever need a running buddy.

Anonymous said...

YAY! You're going to set Dawn's wedding on fire! Chicken-peck McCabe is going to want to try things.

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...