Friday, January 9, 2009

So THATS what they are made of

Last night Finn and Peter were downstairs watching me and charles play Tetris on the wii.(charles having thoroughly trounced me 95% of time. I am not a good tetris player. I dont look ahead at the pieces that are coming and get frustrated when it lands or sticks to something I CLEARLY told it NOT to land on and then try and scramble to make it work. CHarles pounces and takes advantage and is a MEAN BOY!. But whatever, I digress. He knows.)

They had already had their allotted playtime on it, and needed to find something else to do.
However I would like to point out that at the begining of every game they clearly stated Go mom! Kick dad's butt".  just a little brag(im the favorite)

Peter was laying down playing with his transformers. Finn dumped out his box of Lincoln Logs and was building a dilapidated shack barn? stable? general store??? ...something with a donkey and a roof and a leaning tower of logs.
He looks over to Peter and they have the following conversation:(imagine Finn doing his script in a sing songey kind of way)

FINN: Hey Peter, wanna play Lincoln Logs with me?
PETER: No, now leave me alone.
FINN: It will be fun!
PETER: I said no! Now leave me alone...AGAIN
FINN: You'll Like it!
PETER: Finny, I dont want to play Lincoln Logs I want to play with my Transformers so go away
FINN: are you sure?
PETER: Yes
FINN: They're made out of real Lincoln!
PETER: Oh, Okay.

The fact that the logs were made from "real Lincoln"  was the  point that made peter change his mind.
Way to sell it Finn.

a few minutes later the transformers were visiting this Real Lincoln structure and asked if they could Pet Finns Donkey.  Finn said "Sure, he doesnt bite... except on Thursdays"
That kid. Where he comes up with half this stuff, I will never know.




7 comments:

Double D said...

Hahahaha...it's made of real Lincoln? That kid could sell ice cubes to an eskimo!!! That made me snort at my desk, thanks for the laugh!

Oh, and kick Charle's butt on the Wii! HAD to put that in there...lol.

Anonymous said...

I rock at Tetris. Fair warning.

Your kids crack me up. Unless they're screamng. Those kids are champion screamers, man. So are mine, come to think of it. Up for a last minute escape cruise to Jamaica?

Denice said...

Thanks for the laugh ... hilarious!

maggie moran said...

That Finn could sell anything! ;D

Laura McBride said...

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. "Except on Thursdays"! He's gonna be a hoot as he gets older!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a great imagination kids have and it is so much fun to watch them..
Use to love to listen to my girls when they played Barbies..They would call themselves, Cuz..Don't ask me why? Was funny.

PAC said...

ooo I love Tetris!! Children do have such an imagination!! I just love it!!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...