Friday, April 18, 2008

A recipe to die for

Last night I went to a womens Hodgepodge night at Church (enrichment or homemaking)
It was all about gardening and learning about composting etc. We also had a section on growing herbs and how to do it etc.
It was a great evening, very informative. Lisa and Tess did a great job and everyone had lots of questions and were able to swap tips and ideas etc.

It was topped off by refreshments. These refreshments were made with herbs and vegetables that can be found in any garden.
It was so great to see tomatoes being used in a way OTHER than Salsa or in a salad.

One of the refreshments was Fresh basil and Mozerella sandiwiches.(they were almost like a bruschetta). It was so good I wanted to devour the entire plate.
Here is the recipe for this amazing appetizer.
I would have taken a picture, but i didnt want people to think I was wierd for taking pictures of food.


2 Loaves French Bread(or you can use herbed bread)
2-3 mozzarella Balls(fresh Mozz cheese)
4-5 Roma Tomatoes
1 pack basil Leaves


DRESSING:
1/4-1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Dry Mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil
combine all dressing ingredients until well blended. set aside.

Dice Roma Tomatoes, chop Basil leaves and slice the mozzarella cheese.
Toast slices of french bread. Top toast with cheese, tomato and basil. Drizzle dressing over the top and enjoy.


Tess made these with a homemade herbed bread(rosemary) They were so delicious. A perfect starter or a great pot luck item.
try it, yo wont be disappointed!

8 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Good God, I am hungry and it is only 7:30am...you wonder why I can't lose weight. Recipe sounds wonderful and will try it.

jewelstreet said...

It sounds yummy. That's the one thing about reading recipes on blogs so early in the morning. It makes you hungry.

High Desert Diva said...

Sounds good...and next time, take photos!





You're blog make-over is lookin' good

The Mom Jen said...

Yum with a capital YUM!
;)

Unknown said...

That sounds like it was so much fun! And the treats sound delish! I am going to have to try that out for sure!

melissa said...

Yummy! who cares what people think. Next time take that picture of the bread!

Melissa

tatsuko said...

Mmmm, this sounds delish! I've tried basil with bocconcini cheese, which is also really good :) Gonna try this one soon!

Hey Harriet said...

Oh Yummo! Pity you didn't take pics, but I know how you feel. I'm exactly the same! I always have my camera with me & when out & about eating something that looks good I SO want to photograph it, but worry people will think I'm a complete nutter! Perhaps you & I should make fake little "professional foodie photographer" badges so people will just think it's what we do ;)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...