Friday, June 20, 2008

America's Got My new favorite trombonist

So this week "America's Got Talent" started up again for its third season. For those of you who dont watch, AGT is a talent show for people of any age, talent etc to perform in front of 3 judges.
You can sing, dance, do comedy, magic, baton twirling...ANYTHING. If they like you, you get a callback and start performing for America and we vote through the phone and internet. The people with the lowest votes get kicked off every week. Kind of Like American Idol, but with wierder people.

If you recall in season 1, Bianca Ryan, the 11 year old with the pipes of gold took the million dollar prize.




THEN in Season 2 Terry Fator took the million with his impressions and ventriloquism.He has since signed a 110 MILLION dollar contract in Vegas, making him the winningest reality TV star ever. This was my favorite Terry Fator moment. (Maybe because I am a huge Roy Orbison fan)
Go to You Tube and search Terry Fator and watch some of his performances, you will see how amazing he really is.




But for season 3, I would have to say thusfar my FAVORITE audition was Jonathan Arons from New York City. Iwill admit, he walked out and I thought "Oh this is going to be terrible". The music started and I thought "Yeah, I was right". THEN he pulled out the magic. I was laughing so hard I just about cried. This guy is brilliant.






I wish I had moves like him.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this demotes me to her second favorite trombonist. (Sigh) I guess after 11 years it was bound to happen eventually.

LaPellaPottery said...

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah McBride said...

my darling white and nerdy... maybe if you could dance like a disco diva you wouldnt feel so demoted!!
Besides can you REALLY call yourself a trombone player? You are still my favorite tuba player

Double D said...

Haha...I seriously almost piddled when I saw that...and I'm at work with no spare trousers!!! (seriously, doesn't anyone say trousers anymore?)

I love Sharon calling the trombone player a naughty boy, that's classic hon!!! Seriously, I need to start watching this show!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that guy was hilarious. I thought, however, that the fat-insurance-salesman-sings-opera-and-wows-the-crowd thing sounded just a LEETLE too familiar. Didn't you? (See Britain's Got Talent where the ugly, snaggle-toothed cell phone salesman wows the crowd with opera and wins. Hmmm.)

Rosebud Collection said...

Didn't see the show..sorry I didn't..
Sounds like a good show.

Sew Gracious said...

The trombone guy was great! :-)

I have a hard time with this show because of Piers & Hasselhoff.

I think the last guy, the tenor, was AMAZING!!!

Dan said...

ya know, sarah, if you do a search on youtube for jonathan arons you'll catch some more of his videos. you should see the one where he's on the steve harvey show. awesome!

Hey Harriet said...

We have a show like that here in Oz but I've never seen it. Maybe I should have a look. I think it may have been the judges that put me off from watching. Trombone players have never received the recognition they deserve. This may change things :)

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...