Friday, June 6, 2008

My week in a nutshell

Just a few things from this week
THE POOL
1. Just because they make a bikini in your size, that does not mean you should wear it.
2. Girl in the orange floral bikini- YOU need a bikini that is 2 times BIGGER. Your bottoms are so tight you have a muffin top. Your top is so small your giant bazoongas are popping out like Pam Anderson. I have kids and would prefer pimply lifeguard to pay attention to them instead of trying to sneak a peek at your girls unleashed.
3. Boys who think they are studly- White bathing trunks are see through. You arent as impressive as you THINK you are.
4. If you are as hairy as a silverback gorilla, I suggest investing in some back wax. Seriously. Your girls can ride you like a bareback horse, grabbing your back hair as they would a horses mane.
5. To the snotty, overskinny, REALLY white lady in the ugly bikini and stupid Bug eye sunglasses: yes my kid threw up. He swallowed water which made him gag and he was running to the bathroom when it all came out. At least it was on the sidewalk and NOT in the pool. At least I put chairs around it and told someone and asked if I could help clean it up. They told me not to worry about it. So dont sit there in the snack area moaning and complaining and being completely ugly about it. I know you did not realize it was me, but when you call my kid germy and disgusting, it's personal. He was not sick from the flu. He was not germy from some sort of disease that I ("what kind of mother brings their sick kid to the pool and then makes someone else clean it up-she should be shot") didnt have him innoculated against. We were swimming in the deep end together and playing around. He swallowed too much water and it made him throw up. Your kid isnt going to get Hepatitis or any other germ that us white trash mothers let our kids get. So dont think I didnt hear you and immeditely place you and your friend on my poop list.


SALSA: I made salsa yesterday. I wish I could say it was from my garden, but it wasnt. We were really hankering for some good salsa. So here is Salsa Making 101. I dont really have any set measurments.




I dice a TON tomatoes and add a large can of whole tomatoes(drained). I would say probably 10 cups of diced tomatoes. I used 3/4 of a LARGE sweet onion, chopped pretty well. I added 3 chopped jalapenos, a TON of garlic(about 4 TBSP), and eyeballed the cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper. I added juice from 1/2 a large lemon as well.

Mix together and I used an immersion hand blender to semi-puree it until It looked like this:

Put into a large container, or containers, and put in fridge. Let it sit for at least 24 hours before eating it and making adjustments.

The jalapenos were really potent and the oils from the peppers stayed on my hands and made my whole night pretty miserable. My hands and nails and nailbeds were on fire. I tired everything. I even googled solutions. I tried rubbing a lemon on them. I tired pouring vinegar over them. I tried using dishsoap with no water. I even rubbed my hands with a piece of dry bread. It really was miserable.

SCHOOL:

today is Peters last day of school. I mean he has school on Monday, but they are just having parties and pizza etc.
We have a busy sumemr ahead of us and then at the End of August Peter goes into 2nd grade and Finn starts Kindergarten.

CLEANING:

Well I got the craft/computer room done. I then decided to get a little crazy and re-arrange some things in the family room. It looks much better PLUS It forced me to organize my bookshelves and vacuum around Jakes crate.


FREECYCLE:
We got rid of 2 tables, a Total Body Gym, an old computer, a Web Cam and have a few other things listed . They will be getting a good home instead of going into a landfill and I dont have to haul myself over to goodwill (a whole 3 miles).
Next I will be tackling the guest bedroom... THAT will be a chore.


So that was a portion of my week. Hopefully next week will be a little more exciting. Happy weekend!

11 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

Wow you're busy busy!

High Desert Diva said...

Man...you had a busy week.

Are you going to post before and after pics of the rest of the house?

Tricia said...

I think those people at your pool go to my pool too. Grrrr.

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Home made salsa is the best!

Hey Harriet said...

Eeeek! Those pool people sound horrible! Apart from your not so pleasant experiences at the pool, your week sounded pretty good :)

The Mom Jen said...

Busy is right and those POOL RULES should be posted at every pool for those hairy, wrong-sized bikini people to see!

I tried to lick the screen to see if I could taste that tomato-y goodness....I can't wait to try it! YUMMO

Rosebud Collection said...

What a week..I am tired just reading your blog..Would not like going to that pool..Salsa looks good..nice recipe, but the hot peppers I would not enjoy, especially the way it worked on your hands..You should wear those thin gloves when handling those types of peppers. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I have a mental picture of the bug-glasses lady. Did her lip curl as she derided Peter's barf? Did her horse-like nostrils flare? Thought so. Give me two minutes in a locked room with her.

picciolo said...

your workroom is going to look great, I am very jealous! And you have had a busy week, your salsa looked delicious, and I hear you about bikinis in the correct size!!
: )

Callooh Callay said...

I think you have a pretty full week! I love your notes from the pool--don't you hate the skinny bitches most of all?

Double D said...

Hon, sounds like you got a lot done, I'm so proud!!!

And I can relate the pepper experience. I diced up some hot wax peppers a couple of years ago and though I was safe to use the washroom. Nope! I was stuck in a cold bath for at least a 1/2 hour cursing myself and those stupid peppers. Matt thought it was hilarious as I imagined ways to put pepper juice in his underware for the next morning.

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...