Monday, June 16, 2008

GARDENING MONDAY

Ok not much to show except this:

My first little harvest. I have a zucchini, which grew a little too big (but in my defense it wasnt nearly ready 2 days ago. Next thing I know boom it is gigantic). I have 3 more zucchini just about ready out there as well. Looks like I am making zucchini bread this week.

I have an anaheim pepper that I have no idea what to do with right now. I guess I could chop it up and put it on taco's.

A hand ful of bush beans , with lots of them still out there "ALMOST READY"

and 2 grape tomatoes. I have several clusters of them that are just now starting to turn. They are that greeny orangy streaky color. But given a few days and more water and sunshine we will be good to go. They were delicious. So sweet and still warm from the sun. Nothing better than fresh from the garden tomatoes. We dont use pesticides or fertilizer and we hose them down every day so I feel comfortable that my kids can go out and pick them straight from the plant and not worry about them eating them straight from the garden.

My Romas will be coming into their own fairly soon as well. I have lots of those, just hanging out waiting their turn to color.

I still have nothing on my heirlooms though and it is frustrating. I dont know how to get them to grow. Heirloom vegetables are hard to grow, which I why I only got ONE heirloom plant. They taste etter than any of the other tomatoes, but for some reason they are finicky and a little more difficult. I dont know why.

anyhoo thats my garden this week.

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Yum!

picciolo said...

these look great! Enjoy the fruits of your labour
: )

please sir said...

Oh I'm jealous of your garden!

The Mom Jen said...

Zucchini is my absolute favorite veggie! Bread sounds divine...but I also love to slice it up in some olive oil and garlic pepper and saute them and enjoy with pasta!!

Sorry, i'm drooling all over your post! ;)

Hey Harriet said...

That's a nice looking little harvest! Yummo :)

Unknown said...

mmmmm...zucchini bread

Athena's Armoury said...

Looks delicious! I never seem to have much luck growing things which is unfortunate because I love fresh veggies.

Sew Gracious said...

Yeah!!! What a great little harvest!!!

We are hoping our tomatoes will make it. They got a rough start with some cool weather early in the season. I hope to have room for more than tomato plants & herbs next year.

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...