Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pictures as Promised

This past memorial weekend we had a great time.
Friday night we went to a friends house for a cook out and some games and fun. There was a campfire and smores and all the good stuff in life.





This is Finn roasting his marshmellows. He likes his the way I make mine. Stick them into the flames until they ctach fire. Blow them out and eat. I LOVE the carbon crunchy black residue and burnt sugar. Oh sweet mystery of Life.
There really is nothing better than a flaming marshmellow.


Sunday after church we went out to Francis Beatty Park and had a cook out with my mom and dad. It was HOT HOT HOT. We went for a little hike in the woods and came across this "cave?"
The boys got in and started telling Ghost stories. Finn is so funny when he tells them too. He starts out in a whisper (words in BOLD are shouted)
"Once upon a time there was a DINOSAUR! And he went around and ATE PEOPLE ! MWAH HA HA HA HA!" Peters scary stories usually involve the words "dark and stormy night" and "Transformers".




Here is Peter in the woods, asking if he can just go pee in the bushes instead of walking all the way up to the restrooms. Because I am lazy and did not want to get out of the shade, I let him water the forest.

Finn played so hard he fell asleep within 5 minutes of getting into the car. He was OUT. Of course he popped right awak as it was time to get out of the car and go into the house.
So we all sat on the couch and watched the movie "Underdog".(WORST Villains EVER!)




.So that was a nutshell of my weekend.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

7 comments:

Double D said...

Awww!!! I need to come out by you, we're still getting crappy weather...though yesterday was actually a little bit humid...I'm thinking we're in for a nasty summer...

Double D said...

And the pics are so cute!!! I love how Finn tells stories...lol. Too funny!

Tricia said...

Mmmmm, I think I need to burn me up some marshmallows...

Unknown said...

Any other way of roasting marshmellows is just plain wrong. We made smores last summer with my nieces and nephews, one of the little ones finished his smore and announced his head had 3 layers, the inside, the outside and the marshmellow layer! LOL

Rosebud Collection said...

Enjoy each and every picture..It looks like they had a great time..
Nothing more pure, than seeing a child sleeping..Beautiful..

Callooh Callay said...

Aren't they adorable? I always love the angelic sleepy pictures afterwards--they do that as a survival ploy, to make up for everything else.

Anonymous said...

Those children are you all over again. Man, they're getting big, too. I can't believe the widdo babies I held are now big boys! WAH!

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...