Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's a No Brainer, if you are a Polar Bear

All information was gathered from http://www.holidayinsights.com/

Today we celebrate two holidays: No Brainer Day and Polar Bear Day.
A No Brainer is something that is obvious. A "well, Duh!" kind of moment.
Today is the day for you to do easy, no thought required tasks. I can live with this.
My whole day will be spent with no-brainer moments. I shall watch TV that requires no thinking or extra "hmmm" on my part. I shall eat Bologna and cheese so I dont have to cook. Anything requiring extra thought or study or preparation will be put off until tomorrow. After all, it IS a holiday.

Happy Polar Bear Day!

Did you know that Polar bears are the worlds largest Carnivore? They can stand up to 9 feet tall and weigh over 1000 pounds! Polar bears live in the North Pole, and are native to Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Norway, and Russia. Polar Bears are Left Handed (Now what agency gave money to study THAT??). Polar Bears skin is black. This allows their skin and bodies to absorb sunlight to help keep them warm.
"Need some ideas on how to celebrate today? Try visiting the local zoo to see live polar bears. Teachers like to use this day to teach about polar bears and other bears, as kids are fascinated with all kinds of bears. Also, check the nature channels on cable Tv. The networks often pick up on holidays like today, and run documentaries"(holidayinsights.com)

Who knew.

so I am celebrating Polar bear day by posting the no brainer obvious...an etsy find .

This ACEO card from fancykstudio is called Max and the Polar Bear.
I really love this card. The Polar Bear looks so sweet and Benevolent (dont let the Art fool ya, Polar Bears will rip your heads off). A beautiful ACEO. Thanks Fancykstudio!
To wrap it up: Dont think too hard., and a poem for you (It was a funny email I received. I changed it to Yep, I'm gonna be a Polar Bear")
In this life I am a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a Polar bear. When you're a Polar bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.
Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.
When you're a girl Polar bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.
If you're a mama Polar bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.
If you're a Polar bear, your mate expects you to wake up growling. He expects that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.
Yep, gonna be a Polar bear!

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Thanks for the giggle!

Hey Harriet said...

The "No Brainer Day" sounds like my kind of day! I checked that website link & noticed there's a "Public Sleeping Day" tomorrow. Can't wait to celebrate that one at work! Woohoo! What a great post, thanks for sharing that info :)

Sherie said...

what a fun yet witful write up. my husband and i couldnt help laughing reading the last part. what a way to start a morning.

Freckled Pink said...

Witty! I learned a little, too!

CopperSpringsLeather said...

I'm celebrating polar bear day. =)

picciolo said...

hi, thanks for leaving a kind comment on my blog!
Loved your post today, and know exactly how you feel when standing on the scales... good luck!
: )

Day trip from Boise- Hells Canyon and Dam , and Owyhee Reservoir

"Hells Canyon, North America's deepest rover gorge, encompasses a vastly remote region with dramatic changes in elevation, terrain,...